- 명사 (Noun)
- (computing) The act of committing (e.g. a database transaction or source code into a source control repository), making it a permanent change.
- 동사 (Verb)
- To give in trust; to put into charge or keeping; to entrust; to consign; -- used with to, unto.
- To put in charge of a jailor; to imprison.
- To do; to perpetrate, as a crime, sin, or fault.
- To join a contest; to match; followed by with.
- To pledge or bind; to compromise, expose, or endanger by some decisive act or preliminary step; for example to commit oneself to a certain action, to commit oneself to doing something. (Traditionally used only reflexively but now also without oneself etc.).
- (obsolete, Latinism) To confound.
- (obsolete, intransitive) To commit an offence; especially, to fornicate.
- We watched the derailment and ensuing train wreck with a mixture of fascination and horror.