York 뜻 EN[jɔɹk] UK
요크, 뉴욕 요크
- 요크(York)는 영국 잉글랜드 노스요크셔 주에 있는 도시이다. 우즈강과 포스강의 합류점에 위치한다.
로마제국시대에는 에보라쿰(Eboracum)으로 불렸으며 북쪽의 중요한 군사적 방위거점으로 성채와 요새를 많이 세웠다.
요크지방의 잉글랜드 성공회 주교좌가 있는 본당성당(요크민스터)이 있으며 3개의 철도가 교차하는 철도교통의 요지이다.
- 고유명사 (Proper noun)
- A city in North Yorkshire, England.
- The House of York, a dynasty of English kings and one of the opposing factions involved in the 15th century Wars of the Roses. The name comes from the fact that its members were descended from Edmund of Langley, 1st Duke of York; their symbol was a white rose.
- Former name of Toronto (used before 1834).
- A habitational surname from the city or the county; See also Yorke.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- 1994, Goldwater Defending Clinton; Conservatives Feeling Faint, Timothy Egan, The New York Times, March 24, 1994, :
- In this solid account of the calamitous effect of dry utopianism on New York City, Lerner explains how the Prohibition amendment was passed and why its execution failed.
- 2006. "They hit upon the idea of a site that would help users exchange video files." — "Venture Firm Shares a YouTube Jackpot", by Miguel Helft and Matt Richtel, New York Times, October 10, 2006.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- Chiding himself for his incessant shopping, he explained that the playful Greek hunting scene that hangs above his mantel was unearthed during one of his frequent thrifting trips to upstate New York.
- Look here, my body-snatchers, you have unlawfully abridged the liberty of one of the sons of the sovereign State of New York!
- I burned three tanks of gas on the drive to New York.
Meaning of York for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "York" 는 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 고유 명사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 4
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en Yorke
- en Yorks
- en Yorkie
- en Yorkton
- en Yorkies