able EN[ˈeɪ.bl̩] US
- 명사 (Noun)SUF-able
- A word that is used in place of the letter "A" during communication.Wp.
- 동사 (Verb)SGablesPRablingPT, PPabled
- VT OBS To make ready.
- VT OBS To make capable; to enable.
- VT OBS To dress.
- VT OBS To give power to; to reinforce; to confirm.
- VT OBS To vouch for; to guarantee.
- 형용사 (Adjective)COMablerSUPablest
- OBS (passive) Easy to use.
- OBS (passive) Suitable; competent.
- OBS (dialectal, passive) Liable to.
- Having the necessary powers or the needed resources to accomplish a task.
- Free from constraints preventing completion of task; permitted to; not prevented from.
- I’ll see you as soon as I’m able.
- With that obstacle removed, I am now able to proceed with my plan.
- I’m only able to visit you when I have other work here.
- That cliff is able to be climbed.
- OBS (dialectal) Having the physical strength; robust; healthy.
- After the past week of forced marches, only half the men are fully able.
- OBS Rich; well-to-do.
- He was born to an able family.
- Gifted with skill, intelligence, knowledge, or competence.
- The chairman was also an able sailor.
- (law) Legally qualified or competent.
- He is able to practice law in six states.
- (nautical) Capable of performing all the requisite duties; as an able seaman.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- I've had the trots all morning and haven't been able to go out.
- Herbert was able to novelise his experiences as a soldier into a compelling action drama.
- If I was to lose my job and not be able to pay my mortgage they would take my house away, they wouldnae say, 'Well, sorry about that but here's a big payoff anyway.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- Resveratrol (3,5,4′-trihydroxy- trans -stilbene) is a nonflavonoid polyphenolic compound belonging to the stilbene group able.
Meaning of able for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "able" 는 형용사
. 그것은 또한 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 단수로만 사용하는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 타동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- fr able
- en ablest
- en able-bodied
- en abler
- en abled