after 뜻 EN[ˈɑːftə(ɹ)] US
- 형용사 (Adjective)PREafter-SUF-ter
- (dated) Later; second (of two); next, following, subsequent.
- (nautical, where the frame of reference is within the ship) At or towards the stern of a ship.
- The after gun is mounted aft.
- The after gun is abaft the forward gun.
- 부사 (Adverb)
- Behind; later in time; following.
- They lived happily ever after.
- I left the room, and the dog bounded after.
- 접속사 (Conjunction)
- Signifies that the action of the clause it starts takes place before the action of the other clause.
- I went home after we had decided to call it a day.
- 전치사 (Preposition)
- Subsequently to; following in time; later than.
- We had a few beers after the game.
- The time is quarter after eight.
- The Cold War began shortly after the Second World War.
- He will leave a trail of destruction after him.
- In pursuit of, seeking.
- He's after a job; run after him; inquire after her health.
- In allusion to, in imitation of; following or referencing.
- We named him after his grandfather; a painting after Leonardo da Vinci.
- Next in importance or rank.
- The princess is next in line to the throne after the prince.
- As a result of.
- After your bad behaviour, you will be punished.
- In spite of.
- After all that has happened, he is still my friend.
- I can't believe that, after all our advice against gambling, you walked into that casino!
- (Ireland, usually preceded by a form of be, followed by an -ing form of a verb) Used to indicate recent completion of an activity.
- I was after finishing my dinner when there was a knock on the door.
- (dated) According to an author or text.
- Denoting the aim or object; concerning; in relation to.
- to look after workmen; to enquire after a friend; to thirst after righteousness
- OBS According to the direction and influence of; in proportion to; befitting.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- Norwich were back on level terms through an equally stunning finish by Morison in the 53rd minute, the former Millwall player letting fly from the edge of the area after being teed-up by Leon Barnett.
- Shortly after World War I started, a painful arthritis in his knees hospitalized him.
- The bill was finally touched after many hours of deliberation.
- 문장의 시작에 사용됨
- After I spent a couple of hours picking his brain, his scheme started to make sense.
- After centrifugation, the supernatant containing the core oligosaccharidic portion of the LOS was separated from a precipitate constituted by the lipid A.
- After the robbery, the police gave chase but didn't catch the suspect.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- They met, fell in love, got married, and lived happily ever after.
Meaning of after for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "after" 는 형용사
. 그것은 또한 부사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 접속어 부사
및 서로 비교할 수가 없 부사
. 그것은 또한 접속사
. 그것은 또한 전치사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en afterwards
- en afternoon
- en afterthought
- en aftermath
- en aftermost