after 뜻 EN[ˈɑːftə(ɹ)] US
- 형용사 (Adjective)PREafter-SUF-ter
- (dated) Later; second (of two); next, following, subsequent.
- (nautical, where the frame of reference is within the ship) At or towards the stern of a ship.
- The after gun is mounted aft.
- The after gun is abaft the forward gun.
- 부사 (Adverb)
- Behind; later in time; following.
- They lived happily ever after.
- I left the room, and the dog bounded after.
- 접속사 (Conjunction)
- Signifies that the action of the clause it starts takes place before the action of the other clause.
- I went home after we had decided to call it a day.
- 전치사 (Preposition)
- Subsequently to; following in time; later than.
- We had a few beers after the game.
- The time is quarter after eight.
- The Cold War began shortly after the Second World War.
- He will leave a trail of destruction after him.
- In pursuit of, seeking.
- He's after a job; run after him; inquire after her health.
- In allusion to, in imitation of; following or referencing.
- We named him after his grandfather; a painting after Leonardo da Vinci.
- Next in importance or rank.
- The princess is next in line to the throne after the prince.
- As a result of.
- After your bad behaviour, you will be punished.
- In spite of.
- After all that has happened, he is still my friend.
- I can't believe that, after all our advice against gambling, you walked into that casino!
- (Ireland, usually preceded by a form of be, followed by an -ing form of a verb) Used to indicate recent completion of an activity.
- I was after finishing my dinner when there was a knock on the door.
- (dated) According to an author or text.
- Denoting the aim or object; concerning; in relation to.
- to look after workmen; to enquire after a friend; to thirst after righteousness
- OBS According to the direction and influence of; in proportion to; befitting.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- As shown in the inset, the Rct values for the bioelectrode both before and after regeneration were found to be the same, with negligible differences.
- I needed to stretch my legs after spending all day sitting around in meetings.
- Next, to investigate the degree of stimulated lipolysis, isoproterenol was injected interperitoneally and serum FFAs were measured before and 6 hours after the injection.
- 문장의 시작에 사용됨
- After I spent a couple of hours picking his brain, his scheme started to make sense.
- After conventional medicine failed me, spiritual healing was a desperate last hope.
- After his capture he was taken to a camp for POWs.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- They met, fell in love, got married, and lived happily ever after.
Meaning of after for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "after" 는 형용사
. 그것은 또한 부사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 접속어 부사
및 서로 비교할 수가 없 부사
. 그것은 또한 접속사
. 그것은 또한 전치사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en afterwards
- en afternoon
- en afterthought
- en aftermath
- en aftermost