aim EN[eɪm] US
- 명사 (Noun)PLaims
- The pointing of a weapon, as a gun, a dart, or an arrow, or object, in the line of direction with the object intended to be struck; the line of fire; the direction of anything, as a spear, a blow, a discourse, a remark, towards a particular point or object, with a view to strike or affect it.
- The point intended to be hit, or object intended to be attained or affected.
- Intention; purpose; design; scheme.
- My number one aim in life is to make money to make my parents, siblings and kids happy.
- OBS Conjecture; guess.
- Initialism of America Online. AIM; AOL Instant Messenger.
- 동사 (Verb)SGaimsPRaimingPT, PPaimed
- VI To point or direct a missile weapon, or a weapon which propels as missile, towards an object or spot with the intent of hitting it; as, to aim at a fox, or at a target.
- VI To direct the intention or purpose; to attempt the accomplishment of a purpose; to try to gain; to endeavor;—followed by at, or by an infinitive; as, to aim at distinction; to aim to do well.
- The stories did not seem to me to touch life. They were plainly intended to have a bracing moral effect, and perhaps had this result for the people at whom they were aimed.
- VT To direct or point, as a weapon, at a particular object; to direct, as a missile, an act, or a proceeding, at, to, or against an object; as, to aim a musket or an arrow, the fist or a blow (at something); to aim a satire or a reflection (at some person or vice).
- OBS To guess or conjecture.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- take a walk ; take action/steps/measures to fight drug abuse ; take a trip ; take aim ; take the tempo slowly
- In competition, where swoopers perform freestyle maneuvers, negotiate slalom-style courses and aim for accuracy, the spectacle is often compared to auto racing.
- His quips at the party aimed to put the CEO in his place.
Meaning of aim for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "aim" 는 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 자동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en aimed
- en aims
- en aiming
- en aimless
- fr aimé