amount EN[əˈmaʊnt] US
- 명사 (Noun)PLamounts
- The total, aggregate or sum of material (not applicable to discrete numbers or units or items in standard English).
- The amount of atmospheric pollution threatens a health crisis.
- A quantity or volume.
- Pour a small amount of water into the dish.
- The dogs need different amounts of food.
- (nonstandard, sometimes proscribed) The number (the sum) of elements in a set.
- 동사 (Verb)SGamountsPRamountingPT, PPamounted
- VI (followed by to) To total or evaluate.
- It amounts to three dollars and change.
- VI (followed by to) To be the same as or equivalent to.
- He was a pretty good student, but never amounted to much professionally.
- His response amounted to gross insubordination
- OBS VI To go up; to ascend.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- It is worth noting that subjects invest considerable amounts of time on the noncrucial turns (i.e. on average about 16 seconds), but these investments have no payoff.
- A direct role for methylglyoxal lysine dimer (MOLD) or MODIC crosslinks has been alluded to, though these are present in amounts 100 times lower than glucosepane in skin from diabetic individuals.
- Eight animals (8/18) had variable amounts of subcutaneous edema, and 2/18 had serosanguineous peritoneal effusion.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- If they would've made Gex 2 with the same style as the original, instead of crappifying it a la Crash Bandicoot, it would've sold huge amounts.
Meaning of amount for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "amount" 는 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 자동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en amounts
- en amounted
- en amounteth
- en amounting