- 명사 (Noun)PLbendsSUF-end
- A curve.
- Any of the various knots which join the ends of two lines.
- A simpler version of the common bend with its ends in the same direction is used to join binder twine in a hay baling machine.
- (in the plural, medicine, diving, with the) A severe condition caused by excessively quick decompression, causing bubbles of nitrogen to form in the blood; decompression sickness.
- A diver who stays deep for too long must ascend very slowly in order to prevent the bends.
- (heraldry) One of the honourable ordinaries formed by two diagonal lines drawn from the dexter chief to the sinister base; it generally occupies a fifth part of the shield if uncharged, but if charged one third.
- OBS Turn; purpose; inclination; ends.
- In the leather trade, the best quality of sole leather; a butt.
- (mining) Hard, indurated clay; bind.
- (nautical, in the plural) The thickest and strongest planks in a ship's sides, more generally called wales, which have the beams, knees, and futtocks bolted to them.
- (nautical, in the plural) The frames or ribs that form the ship's body from the keel to the top of the sides.
- the midship bends
- 동사 (Verb)SGbendsPRbendingPT, PPbentPT, PPbended
- VT To cause (something) to change its shape into a curve, by physical force, chemical action, or any other means.
- If you bend the pipe too far, it will break.
- Don’t bend your knees.
- VI To become curved.
- Look at the trees bending in the wind.
- VT To cause to change direction.
- VI To change direction.
- The road bends to the right
- VI To be inclined; to direct itself.
- VI (usually with "down") To stoop.
- He bent down to pick up the pieces.
- VI To bow in prayer, or in token of submission.
- VT To force to submit.
- They bent me to their will.
- VI To submit.
- I am bending to my desire to eat junk food.
- VT To apply to a task or purpose.
- He bent the company's resources to gaining market share.
- VI To apply oneself to a task or purpose.
- He bent to the goal of gaining market share.
- VT To adapt or interpret to for a purpose or beneficiary.
- VT (nautical) To tie, as in securing a line to a cleat; to shackle a chain to an anchor; make fast.
- Bend the sail to the yard.
- VT (music) To smoothly change the pitch of a note.
- You should bend the G slightly sharp in the next measure.
- VI (nautical) To swing the body when rowing.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- They bent over backwards to make sure everything was just right for the visit.
- The impact was so strong, it bent the bar into a v.
- Darren Bent slotted in a Stewart Downing cross to give Villa hope but that was ended when defender Nemanja Vidic thumped in United's third.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- Hold tight to me: the bus is going round a sharp bend.
Meaning of bend for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "bend" 는 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 능동 격 동사
및 굴절 형으로 동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en bending
- en bender
- en bendy
- en bends
- en bended