bishop 뜻 EN[ˈbɪʃəp] US
주교, 비숍 주교
- 주교(主敎)는 교구나 관구의 사목 책임을 지고 감독하는 기독교 성직자를 말한다.
- 명사 (Noun)PLbishopsPREbis-
- (Christianity) An overseer of congregations: either any such overseer, generally speaking, or (in Eastern Orthodoxy, Roman Catholicism, Anglicanism, etc.) an official in the church hierarchy (actively or nominally) governing a diocese, supervising the church's priests, deacons, and property in its territory.
- Lucinius Crassus... wæs eac Romana ieldesta biscep.
- No pinnacle so high but the devil is a bishop over it, to visit and overlook it.
- They gave away corn, not cash; and Cicero was made bishop, or overseer, of this public victualling.
- (chess) The chess piece denoted ♗ or ♝ which moves along diagonal lines and developed from the shatranj alfil ("elephant") and was originally known as the aufil or archer in English.
- Any of various African birds of the genus Euplectes; a kind of weaverbird closely related to the widowbirds.
- (dialectal) A ladybug or ladybird, beetles of the genus Coccinellidae.
- (alcoholic beverages) A sweet drink made from wine, usually with oranges, lemons, and sugar; mulled and spiced port.
- (US, archaic) A bustle.
- (Britain, dialectal, archaic) A children's smock or pinafore.
- 동사 (Verb)SGbishopsPRbishopingPRbishoppingPT, PPbishopedPT, PPbishopped
- (Christianity) To act as a bishop, to perform the duties of a bishop, especially to confirm another's membership in the church.
- Why sent they it by Felton to be bishoped at Paules?
- (Christianity) To make a bishop.
- (Christianity, rare) To provide with bishops.
- (Britain, dialectal) To permit food (esp. milk) to burn while cooking (from bishops' role in the inquisition or as mentioned in the quote below, of horses).
- (by extension, of horses) To make a horse seem younger, particularly by manipulation of its teeth.
- (Britain, colloquial) OBS To murder by drowning.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- There was a great fyer in the chamber, the wether was colde, and I saw now and then a Bishop come out;
- A future state must needs subvene to prevent the whole edifice from falling into ruin. — Bishop Warburton.
- He that should deify a saint, should wrong him as much as he that should devilize him. — Bishop Hall.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- I am trolling for custom, said the actress to the bishop.
Meaning of bishop for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "bishop" 는 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en bishops
- en bishopric
- en bishoprick
- en bishoped
- en bishoply