chamber 뜻 EN[ˈtʃeɪmbə(ɹ)] US
방, 상공 회의소
- 명사 (Noun)PLchambers
- A room, especially one used primarily for sleeping; bedroom, sleeping room.
- An enclosed space.
- the chamber of a canal lock; the chamber of a furnace; the chamber of the eye
- A test chamber is typically a closable case where devices under test are placed.
- (firearms) The portion of the weapon that holds the ammunition round immediately prior to (and during initiation of) its discharge; each of the cylindrical compartments of a revolver that can hold a bullet.
- Dianne loaded a cartridge into the chamber of the rifle, then prepared to take aim at the target.
- One of the legislative bodies in a government where multiple such bodies exist, or a single such body in comparison to others.
- The resolution, which speedily passed the Senate, was unable to gain a majority in the lower chamber.
- A law office in a building housing several such offices, typically the office of a barrister in the United Kingdom or in the imagination of an African scammer.
- (dated, in the plural) Apartments in a lodging house.
- OBS A chamber pot.
- (historical) A short piece of ordnance or cannon which stood on its breech without any carriage, formerly used chiefly for celebrations and theatrical cannonades.
- 동사 (Verb)SGchambersPRchamberingPT, PPchambered
- To enclose in a room.
- She had chambered herself in her room, and wouldn't come out.
- To reside in or occupy a chamber or chambers.
- To place in a chamber, as a round of ammunition.
- The hunter fired at the geese and missed, then shrugged his shoulders and chambered another cartridge.
- To create or modify a gun to be a specific caliber.
- The rifle was originally chambered for 9MM, but had since been modified for a larger, wildcat caliber.
- In martial arts, to prepare an offensive, defensive, or counteroffensive action by drawing a limb or weapon to a position where it may be charged with kinetic energy.
- Bob chambered his fist for a blow, but Sheila struck first.
- OBS To be lascivious.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- SEM of the apopyles with apopylar cells and choanocyte chamber remaining on the wound surface.
- I started to give Lucky a digest of the Perugia affair, but we were interrupted by a group of German alpenstockers who clumped into the chamber under the guide of a female ramrod.
- The scientist evacuated the chamber before filling it with nitrogen.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- The changes come a year after a Sundance film, “This Film Is Not Yet Rated,” excoriated the rating system as a supersecret star chamber.
- He had been pulling the trigger of his slugthrower all this time, but now the firing pin clicked at last upon an empty firing chamber.
Meaning of chamber for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "chamber" 는 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en chambers
- en chambered
- en chamberer
- en chamberers
- fr chambertin