check EN[tʃɛk] US
점검, 확인 체크
- 체크(check)는 다음을 가리키는 말이다.
체크 (체스): 체스의 체크
체크 박스: 컴퓨터 환경에서의 위젯 형태 (틱 박스)
타르탄: 격자 무늬 패턴
체크 표시: 검사·대조 또는 그 표적으로 찍는 표
- 명사 (Noun)PLchecks
- (chess) A situation in which the king is directly threatened by an opposing piece.
- An inspection or examination.
- I don't know if she will be there, but it's worth a check.
- A control; a limit or stop.
- checks and balances
- The castle moat should hold the enemy in check.
- (US) A mark (especially a checkmark: ✓) used as an indicator, equivalent to a tick (UK).
- Place a check by the things you have done.
- (US) An order to a bank to pay money to a named person or entity; a cheque (UK, Canada).
- I was not carrying cash, so I wrote a check for the amount.
- (US) A bill, particularly in a restaurant.
- I summoned the waiter, paid the check, and hurried to leave.
- (contact sports) A maneuver performed by a player to take another player out of the play.
- The hockey player gave a good hard check to obtain the puck.
- A token used instead of cash in gaming machines.
- A lengthwise separation through the growth rings in wood.
- A mark, certificate, or token, by which, errors may be prevented, or a thing or person may be identified.
- a check given for baggage; a return check on a railroad
- (falconry) The forsaking by a hawk of its proper game to follow other birds.
- A small chink or crack.
- (textiles, usually pluralized) A pattern made up of a grid of squares of alternating colors; a checkered pattern.
- The tablecloth had red and white checks.
- 동사 (Verb)SGchecksPRcheckingPT, PPchecked
- To inspect; to examine.
- Check the oil in your car once a month.
- Check whether this page has a watermark.
- To mark with a checkmark.
- Check the correct answer to each question.
- To control, limit, or halt.
- Check your enthusiasm during a negotiation.
- To verify or compare with a source of information.
- Check your data against known values.
- To leave in safekeeping.
- Check your hat and coat at the door.
- To leave with a shipping agent for shipping.
- Check your bags at the ticket counter before the flight.
- (street basketball) To pass or bounce the ball to an opponent from behind the three-point line and have the opponent pass or bounce it back to start play.
- He checked the ball and then proceeded to perform a perfect layup.
- That basket doesn't count—you forgot to check!
- (contact sports) To hit another player with one's body.
- The hockey player checked the defenceman to obtain the puck.
- (poker) To remain in a hand without betting. Only legal if no one has yet bet.
- Tom didn't think he could win, so he checked.
- (chess) To make a move which puts an adversary's piece, especially the king, in check; to put in check.
- To chide, rebuke, or reprove.
- (nautical) To slack or ease off, as a brace which is too stiffly extended.
- To crack or gape open, as wood in drying; or to crack in small checks, as varnish, paint, etc.
- To make checks or chinks in; to cause to crack.
- The sun checks timber.
- To make a stop; to pause; with at.
- OBS To clash or interfere.
- To act as a curb or restraint.
- (falconry) To turn, when in pursuit of proper game, and fly after other birds.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- He checked his favorite mystery out for the twenty-third time.
- She gave the flowers a quick sniff to check they were real.
- He's depersonalizing right now, so he's considering checking himself into the hospital.
- 문장의 시작에 사용됨
- Check out the guy on the dancefloor, he's got seriously good moves.
- Check inside each file carefully to make sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- Check us out on the Web at http://en.wiktionary.org!
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- I had a very long wait at the airport security check.
- Aneroid and electronic instruments, decalibrate easily and frequently and require routine accuracy checks.
- The can was seized soon thereafter, and as the judge's trial got under way, an IRS lab was remoisturizing the ashes and reconstructing checks.
Meaning of check for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "check" 는 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en checked
- en checks
- en checking
- en checkered
- en checkers