convert EN[ˈkɒn.vɜːt] US US
개 심자, 변환
- 명사 (Noun)PLconvertsPREcon-
- A person who has converted to a religion.
- They were all converts to Islam.
- A person who is now in favour of something that he or she previously opposed or disliked.
- I never really liked broccoli before, but now that I've tasted it the way you cook it, I'm a convert!
- 동사 (Verb)SGconvertsPRconvertingPT, PPconverted
- VT To transform or change (something) into another form, substance, state, or product.
- A kettle converts water into steam.
- VT To change (something) from one use, function, or purpose to another.
- He converted his garden into a tennis court.
- VT To induce (someone) to adopt a particular religion, faith, ideology or belief (see also sense 11).
- They converted her to Roman Catholicism on her deathbed.
- VT To exchange for something of equal value.
- We converted our pounds into euros.
- VT To express (a quantity) in alternative units.
- VT To express (a unit of measure) in terms of another; to furnish a mathematical formula by which a quantity, expressed in the former unit, may be given in the latter.
- How do you convert feet into metres?
- VT (law) To appropriate wrongfully or unlawfully; to commit the common law tort of conversion.
- VT VI (rugby football) To score extra points after (a try) by completing a conversion.
- Flood converted to leave Wales with a 23-9 deficit going into the final quarter.
- (soccer) To score (a penalty).
- But, after the error by Lampard's replacement Kalou, Roberto Soldado converted the penalty.
- VI (ten-pin bowling) To score a spare.
- VI To undergo a conversion of religion, faith or belief (see also sense 3).
- We’ve converted to Methodism.
- VI To become converted.
- The chair converts into a bed.
- VT OBS To cause to turn; to turn.
- VT (logic) To change (one proposition) into another, so that what was the subject of the first becomes the predicate of the second.
- VT OBS To turn into another language; to translate.
- VT (cricket) To increase one's individual score, especially from 50 runs (a fifty) to 100 runs (a century), or from a century to a double or triple century.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- You will have to convert your photograph to a jpg format if you wish to upload it.
- At an average follow-up of 4 years, 2 of 10 cases had to be converted to tibiotalocalcaneal arthrodesis because of persistent pain with substantial arthrofibrosis, but not loosening.
- Unlike some contemporary queens who converted their husbands to orthodox belief, Brunhild was an Arian Christian who was converted to orthodoxy when she married Sigebert.
Meaning of convert for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "convert" 는 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 자동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 2
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en converted
- en converts
- en convertible
- fr convertible
- en converter