convert 뜻 EN[ˈkɒn.vɜːt] US US
개 심자, 변환
- 명사 (Noun)PLconvertsPREcon-
- A person who has converted to a religion.
- They were all converts to Islam.
- A person who is now in favour of something that he or she previously opposed or disliked.
- I never really liked broccoli before, but now that I've tasted it the way you cook it, I'm a convert!
- 동사 (Verb)SGconvertsPRconvertingPT, PPconverted
- VT To transform or change (something) into another form, substance, state, or product.
- A kettle converts water into steam.
- VT To change (something) from one use, function, or purpose to another.
- He converted his garden into a tennis court.
- VT To induce (someone) to adopt a particular religion, faith, ideology or belief (see also sense 11).
- They converted her to Roman Catholicism on her deathbed.
- VT To exchange for something of equal value.
- We converted our pounds into euros.
- VT To express (a quantity) in alternative units.
- VT To express (a unit of measure) in terms of another; to furnish a mathematical formula by which a quantity, expressed in the former unit, may be given in the latter.
- How do you convert feet into metres?
- VT (law) To appropriate wrongfully or unlawfully; to commit the common law tort of conversion.
- VT VI (rugby football) To score extra points after (a try) by completing a conversion.
- Flood converted to leave Wales with a 23-9 deficit going into the final quarter.
- (soccer) To score (a penalty).
- But, after the error by Lampard's replacement Kalou, Roberto Soldado converted the penalty.
- VI (ten-pin bowling) To score a spare.
- VI To undergo a conversion of religion, faith or belief (see also sense 3).
- We’ve converted to Methodism.
- VI To become converted.
- The chair converts into a bed.
- VT OBS To cause to turn; to turn.
- VT (logic) To change (one proposition) into another, so that what was the subject of the first becomes the predicate of the second.
- VT OBS To turn into another language; to translate.
- VT (cricket) To increase one's individual score, especially from 50 runs (a fifty) to 100 runs (a century), or from a century to a double or triple century.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- The cardiac intervals were averaged for the baseline, ritual, and postritual periods and were then converted into heart rate (HR) for the ease of reading.
- Food is assimilated and converted into organic tissue.
- Now I suspect that the action of granite on this rock, has converted a part of it into this pseudo-jasper.
Meaning of convert for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "convert" 는 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 자동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 2
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en converted
- en converts
- en convertible
- fr convertible
- en converter