debate EN[dɪˈbeɪt] US
- 토론(討論)은 상호 소통적인 논증 방식으로, 어떠한 문제에 관하여 여러 사람이 각기 의견을 말하며 논의하는 일을 가리킨다.
토론은 이따금 순수 경쟁 목적으로 조직되는데, 특히 미국의 고등학교 수준에서, 또 다른 영어로 말하는 국가에서도 마찬가지이다.
으로 다양한 토론대회, 특강 등이 개최되기도 한다.
- 명사 (Noun)PLdebatesPREdé-SUF-ate
- OBS Strife, discord.
- An argument, or discussion, usually in an ordered or formal setting, often with more than two people, generally ending with a vote or other decision.
- After a four-hour debate, the committee voted to table the motion.
- An informal and spirited but generally civil discussion of opposing views.
- The debate over the age of the universe is thousands of years old.
- There was a bit of a debate over who should pay for the damaged fence.
- NU Discussion of opposing views.
- There has been considerable debate concerning exactly how to format these articles.
- (Frequently in French form débat) A type of literary composition, taking the form of a discussion or disputation, commonly found in the vernacular medieval poetry of many European countries, as well as in medieval Latin.
- 동사 (Verb)SGdebatesPRdebatingPT, PPdebated
- VT VI To participate in a debate; to dispute, argue, especially in a public arena.
- OBS VI To fight.
- OBS VT To engage in combat for; to strive for.
- VT To consider (to oneself), to think over, to attempt to decide.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- There is a debate whether or not to legalise some of the softer drugs.
- Commenting on his bachelorhood in a debate on marital ethics was a bit below the belt, don't you think?
- Though widely accepted as an alga there is still debate over its taxonomic affinity, with recent work arguing that it should be reclassified as a chaetetid sponge.
- 문장의 시작에 사용됨
- Debate on the Kellogg Mar renunciation treaty dragged on in the senate today with no immediate prospect of final action.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- In effect, they say "a plague on both your houses" to the two sides in the prescriptionist-descriptionist debate.
- Though only a student, he contributed informedly to the political debate.
- The teachers at this school tend to force-feed their students information, rather than encourage critical thinking and debate.
Meaning of debate for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "debate" 는 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
및 단수로만 사용하는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 자동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 2
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en debates
- en debater
- en debated
- en debatest
- en debateth