descend EN[dɪˈsɛnd] US
내려 가다, 강하
- 동사 (Verb)SGdescendsPRdescendingPT, PPdescendedPREdés-SUF-end
- VI To pass from a higher to a lower place; to move downwards; to come or go down in any way, as by falling, flowing, walking, etc.; to plunge; to fall; to incline downward.
- The rain descended, and the floods came. Matthew vii. 25.
- We will here descend to matters of later date. Fuller.
- VI (poetic) To enter mentally; to retire.
- [He] with holiest meditations fed, Into himself descended. John Milton.
- VI (with on or upon) To make an attack, or incursion, as if from a vantage ground; to come suddenly and with violence.
- And on the suitors let thy wrath descend. Alexander Pope.
- VI To come down to a lower, less fortunate, humbler, less virtuous, or worse, state or station; to lower or abase one's self.
- he descended from his high estate
- VI To pass from the more general or important to the particular or less important matters to be considered.
- VI To come down, as from a source, original, or stock; to be derived; to proceed by generation or by transmission; to fall or pass by inheritance.
- the beggar may descend from a prince
- a crown descends to the heir
- VI (anatomy) To move toward the south, or to the southward.
- VI (music) To fall in pitch; to pass from a higher to a lower tone.
- VT To go down upon or along; to pass from a higher to a lower part of.
- they descended the river in boats; to descend a ladder
- But never tears his cheek descended. Byron.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- Their long descending train, / With rubies edged and sapphires, swept the plain.
- 5 March 1946: From Stettin in the Baltic to Trieste in the Adriatic an "iron curtain" has descended across the Continent. — speech by Winston Churchill
- Are we sticking to these principles with our current decisions and statements, or are we descending into a state of near-permanent reaction and fudginess that betrays our core values?
Meaning of descend for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "descend" 는 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 자동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 2
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en descended
- fr descend
- en descending
- en descendants
- fr descendants