fancy 뜻 EN[ˈfæn.(t)si] US
- 명사 (Noun)PLfanciesSUF-ancy
- The imagination.
- An image or representation of anything formed in the mind; conception; thought; idea.
- An opinion or notion formed without much reflection; an impression.
- A whim.
- I had a fancy to learn to play the flute.
- Love or amorous attachment.
- He took a fancy to her.
- The object of inclination or liking.
- Any sport or hobby pursued by a group.
- Trainspotting is the fancy of a special lot.
- the cat fancy
- The enthusiasts of such a pursuit.
- He fell out of favor with the boxing fancy after the incident.
- A diamond with a distinctive colour.
- That which pleases or entertains the taste or caprice without much use or value.
- OBS A sort of love song or light impromptu ballad.
- In the game of jacks, a style of play involving additional actions (contrasted with plainsies).
- 동사 (Verb)SGfanciesPRfancyingPT, PPfancied
- (formal) To appreciate without jealousy or greed.
- I fancy your new car, but I like my old one just fine.
- (Britain) would like.
- I fancy a burger tonight for dinner
- Do you fancy going to town this weekend?
- (Britain) INF To be sexually attracted to.
- I fancy that girl over there.
- (dated) To imagine, suppose.
- I fancy you'll want something to drink after your long journey.
- Fancy meeting you here!
- Fancy that! I saw Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy kissing in the garden.
- To form a conception of; to portray in the mind; to imagine.
- To have a fancy for; to like; to be pleased with, particularly on account of external appearance or manners.
- 형용사 (Adjective)COMfancierSUPfanciest
- This is a fancy shawl.
- Of a superior grade.
- This box contains bottles of the fancy grade of jelly.
- Executed with skill.
- He initiated the game winning play with a fancy, deked saucer pass to the winger.
- COL Unnecessarily complicated.
- I'm not keen on him and his fancy ideas.
- OBS Extravagant; above real value.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- Do you really need a fancy new car or are you just trying to keep up with the Joneses?
- 1864, John Rorke - Fancies on the photograph, a poem
- Amy spent the morning baking and this afternoon brought the result — dainty little fancies all fudged and fruited up.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- Call the huge organism by a fabled name, Briareus, the Hundredhanded, with all his tenacles swimming in his own sea of Music; thus we may mythologize the Orchestra for our fancy.
- I appreciated a batch of candy-colored men’s seersuckers and linens, a semiwild flight of a remote-controlled fancy.
Meaning of fancy for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "fancy" 는 형용사
. 그것은 또한 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en fancying
- en fancywork
- en fancy man
- en fancy men
- en fancyings