fire EN[ˈfaɪ̯ə(ɹ)] US
- 불은 물질이 연소하면서 에너지를 빛과 열의 형태로 방출하는 산화 과정이다.
인류는 불을 이용하여 조명으로 사용하고 체온을 보존하고 짐승으로부터 안전을 유지하고 음식물을 익혀 먹는 등 많은 이익을 얻었다.
인간의 사고 속에서도 불은 중요한 지위를 차지한다.
또한 불은 화재나 전쟁 등 죽음이나 파괴의 상징으로 여겨질 때도 있다.
- 명사 (Noun)PLfires
- NU A (usually self-sustaining) chemical reaction involving the bonding of oxygen with carbon or other fuel, with the production of heat and the presence of flame or smouldering.
- NC Something that has produced or is capable of producing this chemical reaction, such as a campfire.
- We sat around the fire singing songs and telling stories.
- NC The often accidental occurrence of fire in a certain place.
- There was a fire at the school last night and the whole place burned down.
- During hot and dry summers many fires in forests are caused by regardlessly discarded cigarette butts.
- NU (alchemy, philosophy) The aforementioned chemical reaction of burning, considered a one of the the Classical elements or basic elements of alchemy.
- NC (Britain) A heater or stove used in place of a real fire (such as an electric fire).
- NC The elements necessary to start a fire.
- The fire was laid and needed to be lit.
- NU The bullets or other projectiles fired from a gun.
- The fire from the enemy guns kept us from attacking.
- Strength of passion, whether love or hate.
- Liveliness of imagination or fancy; intellectual and moral enthusiasm.
- Splendour; brilliancy; lustre; hence, a star.
- NC A button (on a joypad, joystick or similar device) usually used to make a video game character fire a weapon.
- Press fire to fire the gun.
- 동사 (Verb)SGfiresPRfiringPT, PPfired
- VT To set (something) on fire.
- VT To heat without setting on fire, as ceramic, metal objects, etc.
- If you fire the pottery at too high a temperature, it may crack.
- They fire the wood to make it easier to put a point on the end.
- VT To drive away by setting a fire.
- VT To terminate the employment contract of (an employee), especially for cause (such as misconduct or poor performance).
- VT To shoot (a device that launches a projectile or a pulse of stream of something).
- We will fire our guns at the enemy.
- He fired his radar gun at passing cars.
- VI To shoot a gun, a cannon or a similar weapon.
- Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes.
- His nail gun fired about twenty roofing nails a minute.
- VT (sports) To shoot; to attempt to score a goal.
- Andrey Arshavin equalised with a superb volley into the corner before Nicklas Bendtner coolly fired Arsenal in front.
- VI (physiology) To cause an action potential in a cell.
- When a neuron fires, it transmits information.
- VT To forcibly direct (something).
- He answered the questions the reporters fired at him.
- VI (computer sciences, software engineering) To initiate an event (by means of an event handler).
- The event handler should only fire after all web page content has finished loading.
- To inflame; to irritate, as the passions.
- to fire the soul with anger, pride, or revenge
- To animate; to give life or spirit to.
- to fire the genius of a young man
- To feed or serve the fire of.
- to fire a boiler
- To light up as if by fire; to illuminate.
- (farriery) To cauterize.
- VI (dated) To catch fire; to be kindled.
- VI (dated) To be irritated or inflamed with passion.
- 형용사 (Adjective)
- SLA Great, amazing, extraordinary, dope.
- That shit is fire, yo!
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- Under-handed, over-handed, back-handed, left-handed, right-handed, standing at grotesque angles and almost standing on their heads, the Wonders fired the ball into the basket.
- I spent all of Monday fighting fires and didn't get a single thing done on my project.
- Argentine midfielder Jonas Gutierrez added a superb second when he surged past four challenges to fire in low.
- 문장의 시작에 사용됨
- Fire trucks were parked everywhere: a new arrival was being carefully backed around the stacked pallets to add some new waterpower.
- Fire peels the wiggeries away from them [facts] — Carlyle.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- That striker has scored four goals so far - he's on fire!
- OK, soldiers, let's get our M-16s and when the captain gives the signal, we'll fire.
- Since the house was underinsured, we couldn't afford to replace most of the furniture after the fire.
Meaning of fire for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "fire" 는 형용사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 서로 비교할 수가 없 형용사
. 그것은 또한 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
및 단수로만 사용하는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 능동 격 동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en fires
- en fireplace
- en fireworks
- en firewood
- en fireman