fire 뜻 EN[ˈfaɪ̯ə(ɹ)] US
- 불은 물질이 연소하면서 에너지를 빛과 열의 형태로 방출하는 산화 과정이다.
인류는 불을 이용하여 조명으로 사용하고 체온을 보존하고 짐승으로부터 안전을 유지하고 음식물을 익혀 먹는 등 많은 이익을 얻었다.
인간의 사고 속에서도 불은 중요한 지위를 차지한다.
또한 불은 화재나 전쟁 등 죽음이나 파괴의 상징으로 여겨질 때도 있다.
- 명사 (Noun)PLfires
- NU A (usually self-sustaining) chemical reaction involving the bonding of oxygen with carbon or other fuel, with the production of heat and the presence of flame or smouldering.
- NC Something that has produced or is capable of producing this chemical reaction, such as a campfire.
- We sat around the fire singing songs and telling stories.
- NC The often accidental occurrence of fire in a certain place.
- There was a fire at the school last night and the whole place burned down.
- During hot and dry summers many fires in forests are caused by regardlessly discarded cigarette butts.
- NU (alchemy, philosophy) The aforementioned chemical reaction of burning, considered a one of the the Classical elements or basic elements of alchemy.
- NC (Britain) A heater or stove used in place of a real fire (such as an electric fire).
- NC The elements necessary to start a fire.
- The fire was laid and needed to be lit.
- NU The bullets or other projectiles fired from a gun.
- The fire from the enemy guns kept us from attacking.
- Strength of passion, whether love or hate.
- Liveliness of imagination or fancy; intellectual and moral enthusiasm.
- Splendour; brilliancy; lustre; hence, a star.
- NC A button (on a joypad, joystick or similar device) usually used to make a video game character fire a weapon.
- Press fire to fire the gun.
- 동사 (Verb)SGfiresPRfiringPT, PPfired
- VT To set (something) on fire.
- VT To heat without setting on fire, as ceramic, metal objects, etc.
- If you fire the pottery at too high a temperature, it may crack.
- They fire the wood to make it easier to put a point on the end.
- VT To drive away by setting a fire.
- VT To terminate the employment contract of (an employee), especially for cause (such as misconduct or poor performance).
- VT To shoot (a device that launches a projectile or a pulse of stream of something).
- We will fire our guns at the enemy.
- He fired his radar gun at passing cars.
- VI To shoot a gun, a cannon or a similar weapon.
- Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes.
- His nail gun fired about twenty roofing nails a minute.
- VT (sports) To shoot; to attempt to score a goal.
- Andrey Arshavin equalised with a superb volley into the corner before Nicklas Bendtner coolly fired Arsenal in front.
- VI (physiology) To cause an action potential in a cell.
- When a neuron fires, it transmits information.
- VT To forcibly direct (something).
- He answered the questions the reporters fired at him.
- VI (computer sciences, software engineering) To initiate an event (by means of an event handler).
- The event handler should only fire after all web page content has finished loading.
- To inflame; to irritate, as the passions.
- to fire the soul with anger, pride, or revenge
- To animate; to give life or spirit to.
- to fire the genius of a young man
- To feed or serve the fire of.
- to fire a boiler
- To light up as if by fire; to illuminate.
- (farriery) To cauterize.
- VI (dated) To catch fire; to be kindled.
- VI (dated) To be irritated or inflamed with passion.
- 형용사 (Adjective)
- SLA Great, amazing, extraordinary, dope.
- That shit is fire, yo!
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- But, somewhat against the run of play, Craddock fired the visitors ahead, volleying a low effort beyond Simon Mignolet after Sunderland twice failed to clear attempted crosses from Stephen Hunt.
- The forest fire was veiled by smoke, but I could hear it clearly.
- We toted in the wood and got the fire going nice and comfortable. Lord James still set in one of the chairs and Applegate had cabbaged the other and was hugging the stove.
- 문장의 시작에 사용됨
- Fire trucks were parked everywhere: a new arrival was being carefully backed around the stacked pallets to add some new waterpower.
- Fire peels the wiggeries away from them [facts] — Carlyle.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- OK, soldiers, let's get our M-16s and when the captain gives the signal, we'll fire.
- to snudge over the fire: to keep close to the fire.
- "Who'd a thort there'd 've been any of the warmints about, whin we took sich pains with our fire.
Meaning of fire for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "fire" 는 형용사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 서로 비교할 수가 없 형용사
. 그것은 또한 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
및 단수로만 사용하는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 능동 격 동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en fires
- en fireplace
- en fireworks
- en firewood
- en fireman