general EN[ˈdʒɛnɹəl] US
- 명사 (Noun)PLgenerals
- (now rare) A general fact or proposition; a generality.
- We have dealt with the generals; now let us turn to the particulars.
- (military) A senior military title, originally designating the commander of an army and now a specific rank falling under field marshal (in the British army) and below general of the army or general of the air force in the US army and air forces.
- A great strategist or tactician.
- Hannibal was one of the greatest generals of the ancient world.
- (Christianity) The head of certain religious orders, especially Dominicans or Jesuits.
- (nautical) A commander of naval forces; an admiral.
- COL (now historical) A general servant; a maid with no specific duties.
- A general anaesthetic; general anaesthesia.
- 동사 (Verb)SGgeneralsPRgenerallingPRgeneralingPT, PPgeneralledPT, PPgeneraled
- To lead (soldiers) as a general.
- 형용사 (Adjective)COMmore generalSUPmost general
- Including or involving every part or member of a given or implied entity, whole etc.; as opposed to specific or particular.
- (sometimes postpositive) Applied to a person (as a postmodifier or a normal preceding adjective) to indicate supreme rank, in civil or military titles, and later in other terms; pre-eminent.
- Prevalent or widespread among a given class or area; common, usual.
- Not limited in use or application; applicable to the whole or every member of a class or category.
- Giving or consisting of only the most important aspects of something, ignoring minor details; indefinite.
- Not limited to a specific class; miscellaneous, concerned with all branches of a given subject or area.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- In the general course of human nature, a power over a man's subsistence amounts to a power over his will.
- The General Assembly authorized the Council to take up the matter.
- And the clanging call of the general alarm rasped you to battle stations, night and day, from sleep and from meals, always with the same emptyhandedness of failure in the end.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- Victims of cyberstalking experience increased psychological distress compared to stalking victims in general.
- Napoleon was nearly captured by the Cossacks after the Battle of Brienne, but was saved by one of his generals.
Meaning of general for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "general" 는 형용사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 굴절 형으로 형용사
. 그것은 또한 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
- 굴절 형으로 형용사
- 불규칙 형용사
- Adjectives commonly used as postmodifiers
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en generally
- en generals
- en generalissimo
- en generalize
- en generalisation