general EN[ˈdʒɛnɹəl] US
- 명사 (Noun)PLgenerals
- (now rare) A general fact or proposition; a generality.
- We have dealt with the generals; now let us turn to the particulars.
- (military) A senior military title, originally designating the commander of an army and now a specific rank falling under field marshal (in the British army) and below general of the army or general of the air force in the US army and air forces.
- A great strategist or tactician.
- Hannibal was one of the greatest generals of the ancient world.
- (Christianity) The head of certain religious orders, especially Dominicans or Jesuits.
- (nautical) A commander of naval forces; an admiral.
- COL (now historical) A general servant; a maid with no specific duties.
- A general anaesthetic; general anaesthesia.
- 동사 (Verb)SGgeneralsPRgenerallingPRgeneralingPT, PPgeneralledPT, PPgeneraled
- To lead (soldiers) as a general.
- 형용사 (Adjective)COMmore generalSUPmost general
- Including or involving every part or member of a given or implied entity, whole etc.; as opposed to specific or particular.
- (sometimes postpositive) Applied to a person (as a postmodifier or a normal preceding adjective) to indicate supreme rank, in civil or military titles, and later in other terms; pre-eminent.
- Prevalent or widespread among a given class or area; common, usual.
- Not limited in use or application; applicable to the whole or every member of a class or category.
- Giving or consisting of only the most important aspects of something, ignoring minor details; indefinite.
- Not limited to a specific class; miscellaneous, concerned with all branches of a given subject or area.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- “Having the snowouts created havoc in our schedule throughout the season and provided a potential excuse,” Indians General Manager Mark Shapiro said.
- As the lights dimmed the general noise quietened down.
- Self-focus, self-preoccupation, and the like do not automatically spell an enlargement of one's general self-knowledge.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- Napoleon was nearly captured by the Cossacks after the Battle of Brienne, but was saved by one of his generals.
- Victims of cyberstalking experience increased psychological distress compared to stalking victims in general.
Meaning of general for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "general" 는 형용사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 굴절 형으로 형용사
. 그것은 또한 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
- 굴절 형으로 형용사
- 불규칙 형용사
- Adjectives commonly used as postmodifiers
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en generally
- en generals
- en generalissimo
- en generalize
- en generalisation