- 명사 (Noun)SUF-ive
- NU The amount of bending that something undergoes when a force is applied to it.
- This chair doesn't have much give.
- 동사 (Verb)SGgivesPRgivingPTgavePPgiven
- VT (may take two objects) To move, shift, provide something abstract or concrete to someone or something or somewhere.
- I gave him my coat.
- I gave my coat to the beggar.
- When they asked, I gave my coat.
- I'm going to give my wife a necklace for her birthday.
- She gave a pair of shoes to her husband for their anniversary.
- He gives of his energies to the organization.
- I gave him my word that I'd protect his children.
- I gave them permission to miss tomorrow's class.
- Please give me some more time.
- It gives me a lot of pleasure to be here tonight.
- The fence gave me an electric shock.
- My mother-in-law gives me nothing but grief.
- I want to give you a kiss.
- She gave him a hug.
- I'd like to give the tire a kick.
- I gave the boy a push on the swing.
- She gave me a wink afterwards, so I knew she was joking.
- Give me your hand.
- On entering the house, he gave his coat to the doorman.
- My boyfriend gave me chlamydia.
- He was convinced that it was his alcoholism that gave him cancer.
- VT (may take two objects) To estimate or predict (a duration or probability) for (something).
- I give it ten minutes before he gives up.
- I give it a 95% chance of success.
- I'll give their marriage six months.
- VI To yield slightly when a force is applied.
- A soldier noticed how earth "gave" as he walked over the shallow trenches.
- VI To collapse under pressure or force.
- One pillar gave, then more, and suddenly the whole floor pancaked onto the floor below.
- VT To provide, as, a service or a broadcast.
- They're giving my favorite show!
- VI To lead (onto or into).
- The master bedroom gives onto a spacious balcony.
- VT (dated) To provide a view of.
- His window gave the park.
- To exhibit as a product or result; to produce; to yield.
- The number of men, divided by the number of ships, gives four hundred to each ship.
- To cause; to make; used with the infinitive.
- To allow or admit by way of supposition.
- To attribute; to assign; to adjudge.
- To communicate or announce (advice, tidings, etc.); to pronounce or utter (an opinion, a judgment, a shout, etc.).
- (dated) To grant power or permission to; to allow.
- (reflexive) To devote or apply (oneself).
- The soldiers give themselves to plunder.
- That boy is given to fits of bad temper.
- OBS To become soft or moist.
- OBS To shed tears; to weep.
- OBS To have a misgiving.
- To be going on, to be occurring.
- What gives?
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- If mother finds out I broke the window, she'll give me Hail Columbia for sure!
- Talking of backfire, frontfire or whatever, John Carroll can give it both barrels, and simultaneously.
- I gave a good trimming to my elderly neighbour's hedges.
- 문장의 시작에 사용됨
- Given that suitability of patients for peritonectomy was discussed during weekly meetings and only selected patients were offered this combined therapy, there was selection bias in this study.
- Given that the expression of this gene is not restricted to neoblasts, its role can also be important in committed cells.
- Give me a few minutes to sort myself out and I'll be with you.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- A new semisymmetrization functor, which maps the category of quasigroups with homotopies to the category of semisymmetric quasigroups with homomorphisms is given.
- He may be your brother but he botches every job he's given.
Meaning of give for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "give" 는 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 단수로만 사용하는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 두 개체와 동사
및 굴절 형으로 동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en given
- en gives
- en giver
- en giveaway
- en gived