great 뜻 EN[ɡɹeɪt] US
- 명사 (Noun)PLgreats
- A person of major significance, accomplishment or acclaim.
- Newton and Einstein are two of the greats of the history of science.
- (music) The main division in a pipe organ, usually the loudest division.
- 형용사 (Adjective)COMgreaterSUPgreatest
- Very big, large scale.
- A great storm is approaching our shores.
- Very good.
- Dinner was great.
- Title referring to an important leader.
- Alexander the Great
- Superior; admirable; commanding; applied to thoughts, actions, and feelings.
- a great nature
- Endowed with extraordinary powers; uncommonly gifted; able to accomplish vast results; strong; powerful; mighty; noble.
- a great hero, scholar, genius, philosopher, etc.
- OBS Pregnant; large with young.
- More than ordinary in degree; very considerable.
- to use great caution; to be in great pain
- OBS (except with 'friend' and similar words such as 'mate','buddy') Intimate; familiar.
- 부사 (Adverb)COMgreaterSUPgreatest
- very well (in a very satisfactory manner).
- Those mechanical colored pencils work great because they don't have to be sharpened.
- 감탄사 (Interjection)
- Expression of gladness and content about something.
- Great! Thanks for the wonderful work.
- sarcastic inversion thereof.
- Oh, great! I just dumped all 500 sheets of the manuscript all over and now I have to put them back in order.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- The storehouses at Talcahuano had been burst open, and great bags of cotton, yerba, and other valuable merchandise were scattered on the shore.
- Most neuroresearch vendors now take great pains to emphasize their adherence to scientific and industry standards, transparency and ethics.
- Happily this situation can be helped to a great extent by the use of grids called egg crates, which prevent the light from spreading too broadly.
- 문장의 시작에 사용됨
- Great George was acting up, so his master sent him to a slave breaker.
- Great prostration of strength indicates the use of stimulants.
Meaning of great for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "great" 는 형용사
. 그것은 또한 부사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 서로 비교할 수가 없 부사
. 그것은 또한 감탄사
. 그것은 또한 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en greater
- en greatest
- en greatly
- en greatness
- en great-grandfather