ground EN[ɡɹaʊnd] US
- 명사 (Noun)PLgrounds
- NU The surface of the Earth, as opposed to the sky or water or underground.
- If the afternoon was fine they strolled together in the park, very slowly, and with pauses to draw breath wherever the ground sloped upward. The slightest effort made the patient cough.
- NU Terrain.
- NU Soil, earth.
- The worm crawls through the ground.
- NC The bottom of a body of water.
- Basis, foundation, groundwork, legwork.
- Background, context, framework, surroundings.
- House Prees and Bloods [ …] were everywhere to be seen in earnest colloquy. For the matter was, that there was some sort of night-prowler about the school grounds.
- The plain surface upon which the figures of an artistic composition are set.
- crimson flowers on a white ground
- In sculpture, a flat surface upon which figures are raised in relief.
- In point lace, the net of small meshes upon which the embroidered pattern is applied.
- Brussels ground
- In etching, a gummy substance spread over the surface of a metal to be etched, to prevent the acid from eating except where an opening is made by the needle.
- (architecture, chiefly in the plural) One of the pieces of wood, flush with the plastering, to which mouldings etc. are attached.
- Grounds are usually put up first and the plastering floated flush with them.
- NC A soccer stadium.
- Manchester United's ground is known as Old Trafford.
- (electricity, Canada and US) An electrical conductor connected to the ground.
- (electricity, Canada and US) A level of electrical potential used as a zero reference.
- NC (cricket) The area of grass on which a match is played (a cricket field); the entire arena in which it is played; the part of the field behind a batsman's popping crease where he can not be run out (hence to make one's ground).
- (music) A composition in which the bass, consisting of a few bars of independent notes, is continually repeated to a varying melody.
- (music) The tune on which descants are raised; the plain song.
- The pit of a theatre.
- 동사 (Verb)SGgroundsPRgroundingPT, PPgrounded
- To connect (an electrical conductor or device) to a ground.
- VT To punish, especially a child or teenager, by forcing him/her to stay at home and/or give up certain privileges.
- If you don't clean your room, I'll have no choice but to ground you.
- Eric, you are grounded until further notice for lying to us about where you were last night!
- My kids are currently grounded from television.
- VT To forbid (an aircraft or pilot) to fly.
- Because of the bad weather, all flights were grounded.
- To give a basic education in a particular subject; to instruct in elements or first principles.
- Jim was grounded in maths.
- (baseball) to hit a ground ball; to hit a ground ball which results in an out. Compare fly (verb(regular)) and line (verb).
- Jones grounded to second in his last at-bat.
- (cricket) (of a batsman) to place his bat, or part of his body, on the ground behind the popping crease so as not to be run out.
- VI To run aground; to strike the bottom and remain fixed.
- The ship grounded on the bar.
- To found; to fix or set, as on a foundation, reason, or principle; to furnish a ground for; to fix firmly.
- (fine arts) To cover with a ground, as a copper plate for etching, or as paper or other materials with a uniform tint as a preparation for ornament.
- To improve or focus the mental or emotional state of.
- I ground myself with meditation.
- simple past tense and past participle of grind.
- I ground the coffee up nicely.
- 형용사 (Adjective)
- Crushed, or reduced to small particles.
- ground mustard seed
- Processed by grinding.
- lenses of ground glass
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- My family planned to take pictures from the ground as I overflew them in the hot air balloon.
- The 34 electrodes including reference channel and ground are preconnected to the amplifier using a preconfigured set of electrode positions.
- We don’t have to overconcentrate on luxury on our ground level.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- "This view is taken by Allatius, who says that a Kallikantzaros has all the characteristics of nightmare, rampaging on men's shoulders, then leaving them half senseless on the ground.
- We tried to start a company, but we couldn't seem to get it off the ground.
- No matter how hard I try, I don't seem to be gaining ground.
Meaning of ground for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "ground" 는 형용사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 서로 비교할 수가 없 형용사
. 그것은 또한 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
및 단수로만 사용하는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 동사 형태
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
- 동사 형태
- 불규칙 동사의 형태
- 불규칙한 과거 분사
- 불규칙한 단순한 과거의 양식
- 동사 단순한 과거의 양식
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en grounds
- en grounded
- en groundwork
- en groundnut
- en grounder