main EN[meɪn] US
- 명사 (Noun)PLmainsSUF-ain
- OBS (except in might and main) Strength; power; force; violent effort.
- That which is chief or principal; the chief or main portion; the gross; the bulk; the greater part.
- (now archaic, US dialectal) The mainland.
- (now poetic) The high seas.
- A large pipe or cable providing utility service to a building or area, such as water main or electric main.
- (nautical) The mainsail.
- A hand or match in a game of dice.
- A stake played for at dice.
- The largest throw in a match at dice; a throw at dice within given limits, as in the game of hazard.
- A match at cockfighting.
- A main-hamper, or fruit basket.
- 형용사 (Adjective)COMmore mainSUPmost main
- OBS Great in size or degree; vast; strong; powerful; important.
- Principal; prime; chief; leading; of chief or principal importance.
- Principal or chief in size or extent; largest; consisting of the largest part; most important by reason or size or strength.
- main timbers; main branch of a river; main body of an army
- Full; undivided; sheer (of strength, force etc.).
- (nautical) Belonging to or connected with the principal mast in a vessel.
- (dialectal) Big; angry.
- 부사 (Adverb)COMmore mainSUPmost main
- (Britain, dialectal) Very; very much; greatly; mightily; extremely; exceedingly.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- The main sources of the Euphrates River are the Karasu and Murat Rivers.
- Phytate or phytic acid is a main storage form of phosphate and is ubiquitously distributed in plant foods, especially cereal grains and legumes.
- Briefly, a micronucleus/micronuclei (MN) is/are a small chromatin-containing structure(s) that is juxtaposed to the main nucleus or daughter binucleates following the completion of mitosis (Fig 1 ).
- 문장의 시작에 사용됨
- Main minerals detected were Na-rich plagioclase (possibly albite), calcite/aragonite, phyllosilicates and, occasionally, zircon, namely subangular to euedrally shaped (S7C Fig ).
- Main ingredients were ground (below 250 μm) in a micropulverizer hammer mill (SH1; Hosokawa Micron, B.V., Doetinchem, The Netherlands).
- Main causes are trauma, infection, atherosclerosis or iatrogenicities [ 2 , 3 ].
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- … the lion is in most gentleness and nobility, when his neck and shoulders be heled with hair and main.
Meaning of main for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "main" 는 형용사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 서로 비교할 수가 없 형용사
. 그것은 또한 부사
. 그것은 또한 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- fr main
- en maintain
- en maintained
- en mainly
- en maintaining