mother 뜻 EN[ˈmʌðə(ɹ)] UK US
- 어머니(母, Mother, Mom)또는 어머님, 어미, 엄마,
- 명사 (Noun)PLmothers
- A (human) female who (a) parents a child (b) gives birth to a baby (c) donates a fertilized egg or (d) donates a body cell which has resulted in a clone. Sometimes used in reference to a pregnant female, possibly as a shortened form of mother-to-be.
- I am visiting my mother(a) today. — My sister-in-law has just become a mother.(b) — Nutrients and oxygen obtained by the mother(c) are conveyed to the fetus.
- A female parent of an animal.
- The lioness was a mother of four cubs.
- (figuratively) A female ancestor.
- (figuratively) A source or origin.
- The Mediterranean was mother to many cultures and languages.
- (when followed by a surname) A title of respect for one's mother-in-law.
- Mother Smith, meet my cousin, Doug Jones.
- (figuratively) Any elderly woman, especially within a particular community.
- (figuratively) Any person or entity which performs mothering.
- A film or membrane which is developed on the surface of fermented alcoholic liquids, such as vinegar, wine, etc., and acts as a means of conveying the oxygen of the air to the alcohol and other combustible principles of the liquid, thus leading to their oxidation.
- The principal piece of an astrolabe, into which the others are fixed.
- The female superior or head of a religious house; an abbess, etc.
- OBS Hysterical passion; hysteria.
- Something that is the greatest or most significant of its kind.
- "The great duel, the mother of all battles has begun." — Saddam Hussein
- (euphemistic, vulgar) SLA Motherfucker.
- (euphemistic) COL A striking example.
- November, 1943 If ever, Cortney Anders promised himself, I get out of this mother of a thunderstorm there is a thing I will do if it is the last act of my life.
- (nonstandard) A cat that catches moths.
- 동사 (Verb)SGmothersPRmotheringPT, PPmothered
- VT To treat as a mother would be expected to treat her child; to nurture.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- Your mother called. She wants you to go home at 10:00.
- The weird, in this case, is that this mother and daughter, in specterlike fashion, can’t be seen in photographs or mirrors.
- This is a designated place for mothers to breastfeed their babies.
- 문장의 시작에 사용됨
- Mother encouraged James to rely more on intelligence and less on testosterone to deal with the neighbor's son.
- Mother yelled at my brothers for tromping through her flowerbed.
- Mothers have unconditional love for their children.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- The new magazine's goal is to give a tribune to unmarried mothers.
- As we have seen, Stephen identifies with the poet-hero, and Fergus's call becomes a sirensong for his mother.
- She became known as the little girl who sat on the steps of the TB Block, darting inside whenever she saw authorities, then going back to await the return of her camp mother.
Meaning of mother for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "mother" 는 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 타동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en mothers
- en motherly
- en mother-in-law
- en motherhood
- en motherless