over EN[ˈəʊ.və(ɹ)] US
- 명사 (Noun)PLoversPREover-
- (cricket) A set of six legal balls bowled.
- Any surplus amount of money, goods delivered, etc.
- 형용사 (Adjective)
- Finished; ended or concluded.
- The show is over.
- 부사 (Adverb)
- Thoroughly; completely; from beginning to end.
- Let's talk over the project at tomorrow's meeting.
- Let me think that over.
- I'm going to look over our department's expenses.
- Let's go over scene 3 from the top.
- From an upright position to being horizontal.
- He tipped the bottle over, and the water came gushing out.
- That building just fell over!
- He bent over to touch his toes.
- Horizontally; left to right or right to left.
- Slide the toilet-paper dispenser's door over when one roll is empty in order to reveal the other.
- I moved over to make room for him to sit down.
- From one position or state to another.
- Please pass that over to me.
- He came over to our way of thinking on the new project.
- Come over and play!
- I'll bring over a pizza.
- Overnight (throughout the night).
- We stayed over at Grandma's.
- Can I sleep over?
- (US, usually with do) Again; another time; once more; over again.
- I lost my paper and I had to do the entire assignment over.
- 전치사 (Preposition)
- Physical positioning.
- Hold the sign up over your head.   climb up the ladder and look over [the roof]
- There is a bridge over the river.
- drape the fabric over the table;  there is a roof over the house
- The dog jumped over the fence.
- I'll go over [the fence] first and then help you.
- Let's walk over the hill to get there.
- By comparison.
- I prefer the purple over the pink.
- I think I’m over my limit for calories for today.
- Sales are down this quarter over last.
- (mathematics) Divided by.
- four over two equals two over one
- Finished with; done with; from one state to another via a hindrance that must be solved or defeated; or via a third state that represents a significant difference from the first two.
- We got over the engineering problems and the prototype works great.
- I am over my cold and feel great again.
- I know the referee made a bad call, but you have to get over it [your annoyance with the referee's decision].
- She is finally over [the distress of] losing her job.
- He is finally over his [distress over the loss of the relationship with his] ex-girlfriend.
- While using, especially while consuming.
- Concerning or regarding.
- The two boys had a fight over whose girlfriend was the best.
- Above, implying superiority after a contest; in spite of; notwithstanding.
- We triumphed over difficulties.
- The bill was passed over the veto.
- It was a fine victory over their opponents.
- 감탄사 (Interjection)
- In radio communications: end of sentence, ready to receive reply.
- How do you receive? Over!
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- The factory has been entirely given over to aircraft manufacture.
- I travelled home on a crowded single-decker - over half of the passengers were schoolchildren.
- And although Tottenham can regain fourth place with a home victory over Manchester United on Sunday, there were plenty of signs that the champions may have turned a corner.
- 문장의 시작에 사용됨
- Over the air, they advertise their product on drive-time radio talk shows and TV news shows.
- Over preparation transports bacteria and infected tissue into the periapex, thereby compromising healing and regeneration of periapical tissues [10 ].
- Over at Harvard, students are pursuing a different kind of sexual veritas.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- I didn't like the idea at first, but they eventually talked me over.
- Punching fast and furiously, I would beat the daylights out of them until they were bloody all over.
- Then he hit a button on a big black digital watch on his wrist, studied his time, frowned, rescrambled the cube and started over.
Meaning of over for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "over" 는 형용사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 서로 비교할 수가 없 형용사
. 그것은 또한 부사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 서로 비교할 수가 없 부사
. 그것은 또한 감탄사
. 그것은 또한 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 전치사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en overcome
- en overhead
- en overwhelmed
- en overwhelming
- en overthrow