pass EN[pɑːs] US
- 명사 (Noun)PLpassesSUF-ass
- An opening, road, or track, available for passing; especially, one through or over some dangerous or otherwise impracticable barrier such as a mountain range; a passageway; a defile; a ford.
- a mountain pass
- A channel connecting a river or body of water to the sea, for example at the mouth (delta) of a river.
- the passes of the Mississippi
- A single movement, especially of a hand, at, over, or along anything.
- A single passage of a tool over something, or of something over a tool.
- An attempt.
- My pass at a career of writing proved unsuccessful.
- (fencing) A thrust or push; an attempt to stab or strike an adversary.
- (figuratively) A thrust; a sally of wit.
- A sexual advance.
- The man kicked his friend out of the house after he made a pass at his wife.
- (sports) The act of moving the ball or puck from one player to another.
- (rail transport) A passing of two trains in the same direction on a single track, when one is put into a siding to let the other overtake it.
- Permission or license to pass, or to go and come.
- A document granting permission to pass or to go and come; a passport; a ticket permitting free transit or admission; as, a railroad or theater pass; a military pass.
- (baseball) An intentional walk.
- Smith was given a pass after Jones' double.
- The state of things; condition; predicament; impasse.
- OBS Estimation; character.
- OBS (Chaucer, compare 'passus') A part, a division.
- The area in a restaurant kitchen where the finished dishes are passed from the chefs to the waiting staff.
- (computing) SLA A password (especially one for a restricted-access website).
- Anyone want to trade passes?
- 동사 (Verb)SGpassesPRpassingPT, PPpassed
- (heading) Physical movement.
- They passed from room to room.
- You will pass a house on your right.
- The waiter passed biscuits and cheese.
- The torch was passed from hand to hand.
- He was passing blood in both his urine and his stool.
- The poison had been passed by the time of the autopsy.
- Iaquinta passes it coolly into the right-hand corner as Paston dives the other way.
- pass counterfeit money
- pass a person into a theater or over a railroad
- (heading) To change in state or status, to advance.
- He passed from youth into old age.
- At first, she was worried, but that feeling soon passed.
- His grandmother passed yesterday.
- His grandmother passed away yesterday.
- His grandmother passed on yesterday.
- He passed his examination.
- He attempted the examination, but did not expect to pass.
- Despite the efforts of the opposition, the bill passed.
- The bill passed both houses of Congress.
- The bill passed the Senate, but did not pass in the House.
- The estate passes by the third clause in Mr Smith's deed to his son.
- When the old king passed away with only a daughter as an heir, the throne passed to a woman for the first time in centuries.
- He passed the bill through the committee.
- And within three dayes twelve knyghtes passed uppon hem; and they founde Sir Palomydes gylty, and Sir Saphir nat gylty, of the lordis deth.
- to pass sentence
- (heading) To move through time.
- Their vacation passed pleasantly.
- What will we do to pass the time?
- Please you that I may pass / This doing.
- She loved me for the dangers I had passed.
- You're late, but I'll let it pass.
- VI To happen.
- It will soon come to pass.
- (heading) To be accepted.
- It isn't ideal, but it will pass.
- Some male-to-female transsexuals can pass as female.
- (heading) VI In any game, to decline to play in one's turn.
- (heading) To do or be better.
- This passes, Master Ford.
- And strive to pass [ …] Their native music by her skillful art.
- VI OBS To take heed.
- VI To come and go in consciousness.
- (computing) To partially process a document for translation, compiling or reformatting.
- The original 1959 Fortran Compiler made more than 20 passes over the source code.
- Most Pascal compilers process source code in a single pass.'
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- I dropped in on the surgery as I was passing to show the doctor my hemorrhoids.
- After the vampire bit me, I passed from life to undeath.
- I need to dig a hole for these begonias; would you pass me that trowel?
- 문장의 시작에 사용됨
- Pass me that spanner, Jake; there's just one more nut to screw in.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- Every possible pressure was brought to bear on the minister to ensure the unjust law was not passed.
- Emmanuel Adebayor's touch proved a fraction heavy as he guided Van der Vaart's exquisite long ball round John Ruddy, before the goalkeeper did well to smother Bale's shot from Modric's weighted pass.
- Heat, light, and electricity are absorbed in the substances into which they pass.
Meaning of pass for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "pass" 는 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 능동 격 동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en passed
- en passage
- fr passage
- en passing
- fr passing