pick up 뜻 EN
- 명사 (Noun)PLpick ups
- (rare) Alternative form of pickup.
- 동사 (Verb)SGpicks upPRpicking upPT, PPpicked up
- VT To lift; to grasp and raise.
- When you pick up the bag, make sure to support the bottom.
- VT To collect an object, especially in passing.
- Can you pick up a pint of milk on your way home?
- (transitive or intransitive) To clean up; to return to an organized state.
- Aren't you going to pick up after yourself?
- VT To collect a passenger.
- I'll pick you up outside the library.
- VT To collect and detain (a suspect).
- The cops have picked up the man they were looking for.
- VI To improve, increase, or speed up.
- Prices seem to be picking up again. I was in bed sick this morning, but I'm picking up now.
- VI To restart or resume.
- Let's pick up where we left off yesterday.
- VT To learn, to grasp; to begin to understand.
- It looks complicated, but you'll soon pick it up.
- VT To receive (a radio signal or the like).
- With the new antenna, I can pick up stations all the way from Omaha.
- (transitive and intransitive with on, by extension) To notice, detect or discern, often used with "on".
- Did you pick up his nervousness? Did you pick up on his nervousness?
- VT To point out (a person's behaviour, habits, or actions) in a critical manner.
- She's always picking me up on my grammar.
- (transitive and intransitive with on) To meet and seduce somebody for romantic purposes, especially in a social situation.
- He was in the fabric store not to buy fabric but to pick up women. She could tell he intended to pick up on her. Did you pick up at the party last night?
- (transitive or intransitive) To answer a telephone. See pick up the phone.
- I'm calling him, but he just isn't picking up!
- To pay for.
- The company will pick up lunch with customers for sales calls.
- To reduce the despondency of.
- To take control (physically) of something.
- Bolton were then just inches from taking the lead, but the dangerous-looking Taylor drilled just wide after picking up a loose ball following Jose Bosingwa's poor attempted clearance.
- (soccer) To mark, to defend against an opposition player by following them closely.
- And soon after, no-one picked up Shotton who was free to power a 12-yard header over from another Pennant corner, before Pennant sent a free kick straight at Cardiff keeper Tom Heaton.
- To record, to notch up.
- And the home side survived without any late scares to pick up the first win of their Group F campaign.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- John picks up litter in our neighborhood because it gives him warm fuzzies.
- The sonarman picks up the enemy, shoots the position to the radar controller sitting near him, and the radar controller, in a Tinker-to-Evers-to-Chance play, vectors a hovering helicopter to the spot.
- I just know he's off spending the night with some sweet young thing he picked up in a bar.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- The local factory will close down soon, unless sales pick up.
Meaning of pick up for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 관용구 "pick up" 는 실없는 말
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 구동사
. 그것은 또한 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 구동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
- 실없는 말
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en pick ups
- en pick up on
- en pick up line
- en pick up speed
- en pick up truck