say EN[seɪ] US
- 명사 (Noun)PLsays
- One's stated opinion or input into a discussion or decision.
- A type of fine cloth similar to serge.
- Trial by sample; assay; specimen.
- Tried quality; temper; proof.
- Essay; trial; attempt.
- 동사 (Verb)SGsaysPRsayingPT, PPsaidPT, PPsayed
- VT To pronounce.
- Please say your name slowly and clearly.
- VT To recite.
- Martha, will you say the Pledge of Allegiance?
- To communicate, either verbally or in writing.
- He said he would be here tomorrow.
- To indicate in a written form.
- The sign says it’s 50 kilometres to Paris.
- (impersonal) To have a common expression; used in singular passive voice or plural active voice to indicate a rumor or well-known fact.
- They say "when in Rome, do as the Romans do", which means "behave as those around you do."
- INF (imperative) Let's say; used to mark an example, supposition or hypothesis.
- A holiday somewhere warm – Florida, say – would be nice.
- Say he refuses. What do we do then?
- VI To speak; to express an opinion; to make answer; to reply.
- VT INF (of a possession, especially money) To bet as a wager on an outcome; by extension, used to express belief in an outcome by the speaker.
- 'My fifty pounds says three months after the invasion there'll be a free press in Iraq, and unmonitored internet access too.'
- To try; to assay.
- 부사 (Adverb)
- COL Used to gain one's attention before making an inquiry or suggestion.
- Say, what did you think about the movie?
- For example; let us assume.
- Pick a color you think they'd like, say, peach.
- He was driving pretty fast, say, fifty miles per hour.
- 접속사 (Conjunction)
- INF Used to introduce a hypothetical.
- Say your family is starving and you don't have any money, is it ok to steal some food?
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- She granted him also the office of purveyor of the said manor of Eltham, together with the bailivate of the town of Eltham
- The sledge ran far better upon the ice, I cannot say the same for the dogs.
- He said he would eat his hat if more than ten people came. He'd better fetch a knife and fork!
- 문장의 시작에 사용됨
- Say he's been misguided by the rebels, and how they've inveigled him, till he's turned rebel himself; and how he's now out with Marion's men, in Major Singleton's squad.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- "RMIT is supportive of increasing pedestrianisation in this quarter of the city," Ms Kaszubska said.
- “There was somebody’s entire fender or underbody on the racetrack,” he said.
- I'll put it to the committee and see what they say.
Meaning of say for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "say" 는 부사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 서로 비교할 수가 없 부사
. 그것은 또한 접속사
. 그것은 또한 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
및 단수로만 사용하는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 결함이 동사
, 냉정 동사
및 굴절 형으로 동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
- 결함이 동사
- 냉정 동사
- 굴절 형으로 동사
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en says
- en saying
- en say-so
- en sayd
- en saye