second EN[ˈsɛk.(ə)nd] 'a second' UK US
초, 두 번째 초 (시간)
- 초(秒, 기호 s)는 시간의 단위로, 국제단위계의 기본단위 중 하나이다.
- 명사 (Noun)PLseconds
- One that is number two in a series.
- One that is next in rank, quality, precedence, position, status, or authority.
- The place that is next below first in a race or contest.
- (chiefly in the plural) A manufactured item that, though still usable, fails to meet quality control standards.
- They were discounted because they contained blemishes, nicks or were otherwise factory seconds.
- (chiefly in the plural) An additional helping of food.
- That was good barbecue. I hope I can get seconds.
- A chance or attempt to achieve what should have been done the first time, usually indicating success this time around. (See second-guess.).
- (music) The interval between two adjacent notes in a diatonic scale (either or both of them may be raised or lowered from the basic scale via any type of accidental).
- The second gear of an engine.
- (baseball) Second base.
- The SI unit of time, defined as the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods of radiation corresponding to the transition between two hyperfine levels of caesium-133 in a ground state at a temperature of absolute zero and at rest; one-sixtieth of a minute.
- A unit of angle equal to one-sixtieth of a minute of arc or one part in 3600 of a degree.
- A short, indeterminate amount of time.
- I'll be there in a second.
- One who supports another in a contest or combat, such as a dueller's assistant.
- The dogs however parted, and after a little handling by their seconds immediately returned to the charge
- One who agrees in addition, or such a motion, as required in certain meetings to pass judgement etc.
- If we want the motion to pass, we will need a second.
- OBS Aid; assistance; help.
- 동사 (Verb)SGsecondsPRsecondingPT, PPseconded
- VT To agree as a second person to (a proposal), usually to reach a necessary quorum of two. (See under #Etymology 3 for translations.).
- I second the motion.
- To follow in the next place; to succeed.
- (climbing) To climb after a lead climber.
- VT (Britain) To transfer temporarily to alternative employment.
- VT To assist or support; to back.
- VT To agree as a second person to (a proposal), usually to reach a necessary quorum of two. (This may come from the English adjective above.).
- I second the motion.
- 형용사 (Adjective)
- Number-two; following after the first one with nothing between them. The ordinal number corresponding to the cardinal number two.
- He lives on Second Street.
- The second volume in "The Lord of the Rings" series is called "The Two Towers".
- You take the first one, and I'll have the second.
- Next to the first in value, power, excellence, dignity, or rank; secondary; subordinate; inferior.
- Being of the same kind as one that has preceded; another.
- 부사 (Adverb)
- (with superlative) At the second rank.
- Saturn is the second largest planet.
- After the first occurrence but before the third occurrence.
- He is batting second today.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- The first generation knitted to order; the second still knits for its own use; the next leaves knitting to industrial manufacturers.
- He was bitten by a snake, but a second woman cured him, on condition that she could also be his wife.
- For those with a history of 5 or more joints, the features are the same except for the second one, which is positive rheumatoid factor or presence of anticyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies [29 ].
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- Structural failure will occur in three minutes, 30 seconds.
- The game is going to come down to the last five seconds.
- There is plenty of pie left, if you have room for seconds.
Meaning of second for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "second" 는 형용사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 서로 비교할 수가 없 형용사
. 그것은 또한 부사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 서로 비교할 수가 없 부사
. 그것은 또한 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 타동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- fr second
- fr seconds
- en seconds
- en secondary
- en secondly