second 뜻 EN[ˈsɛk.(ə)nd] 'a second' UK US
초, 두 번째 초 (시간)
- 초(秒, 기호 s)는 시간의 단위로, 국제단위계의 기본단위 중 하나이다.
- 명사 (Noun)PLseconds
- One that is number two in a series.
- One that is next in rank, quality, precedence, position, status, or authority.
- The place that is next below first in a race or contest.
- (chiefly in the plural) A manufactured item that, though still usable, fails to meet quality control standards.
- They were discounted because they contained blemishes, nicks or were otherwise factory seconds.
- (chiefly in the plural) An additional helping of food.
- That was good barbecue. I hope I can get seconds.
- A chance or attempt to achieve what should have been done the first time, usually indicating success this time around. (See second-guess.).
- (music) The interval between two adjacent notes in a diatonic scale (either or both of them may be raised or lowered from the basic scale via any type of accidental).
- The second gear of an engine.
- (baseball) Second base.
- The SI unit of time, defined as the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods of radiation corresponding to the transition between two hyperfine levels of caesium-133 in a ground state at a temperature of absolute zero and at rest; one-sixtieth of a minute.
- A unit of angle equal to one-sixtieth of a minute of arc or one part in 3600 of a degree.
- A short, indeterminate amount of time.
- I'll be there in a second.
- One who supports another in a contest or combat, such as a dueller's assistant.
- The dogs however parted, and after a little handling by their seconds immediately returned to the charge
- One who agrees in addition, or such a motion, as required in certain meetings to pass judgement etc.
- If we want the motion to pass, we will need a second.
- OBS Aid; assistance; help.
- 동사 (Verb)SGsecondsPRsecondingPT, PPseconded
- VT To agree as a second person to (a proposal), usually to reach a necessary quorum of two. (See under #Etymology 3 for translations.).
- I second the motion.
- To follow in the next place; to succeed.
- (climbing) To climb after a lead climber.
- VT (Britain) To transfer temporarily to alternative employment.
- VT To assist or support; to back.
- VT To agree as a second person to (a proposal), usually to reach a necessary quorum of two. (This may come from the English adjective above.).
- I second the motion.
- 형용사 (Adjective)
- Number-two; following after the first one with nothing between them. The ordinal number corresponding to the cardinal number two.
- He lives on Second Street.
- The second volume in "The Lord of the Rings" series is called "The Two Towers".
- You take the first one, and I'll have the second.
- Next to the first in value, power, excellence, dignity, or rank; secondary; subordinate; inferior.
- Being of the same kind as one that has preceded; another.
- 부사 (Adverb)
- (with superlative) At the second rank.
- Saturn is the second largest planet.
- After the first occurrence but before the third occurrence.
- He is batting second today.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- Or to put it in the bracingly original terms of “The Second Plane,” it is misology that is the cause of thanatism.
- With some City fans already leaving the stadium in tears, Edin Dzeko equalised in the second of five minutes of stoppage time before Sergio Aguero scored the goal that won the title.
- This game is so hard that I find myself taking a snapshot every few seconds in case I get killed.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- Some people put the stress on the first syllable of “controversy”; others put it on the second.
- These young people, chosen at random, had been in 4-H Club work for 1 year, but had not reenrolled for the second.
- In science class the teacher prepared a supersaturated solution by cooling a saturated solution. He then added a small seed crystal and a large precipitate formed in just a second.
Meaning of second for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "second" 는 형용사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 서로 비교할 수가 없 형용사
. 그것은 또한 부사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 서로 비교할 수가 없 부사
. 그것은 또한 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 타동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- fr second
- en seconds
- fr seconds
- en secondary
- en secondly