shore EN[ʃɔː] US
육지, 쇼 어
- 명사 (Noun)PLshores
- Land adjoining a non-flowing body of water, such as an ocean, lake or pond.
- lake shore;  bay shore;  gulf shore;  island shore;  mainland shore;  river shore;  estuary shore;  pond shore;  sandy shore;  rocky shore
- (from the perspective of one on a body of water) Land, usually near a port.
- The seamen were serving on shore instead of in ships.
- The passengers signed up for shore tours.
- A prop or strut supporting the weight or flooring above it.
- The shores stayed upright during the earthquake.
- OBS (Britain, dialect) A sewer.
- 동사 (Verb)SGshoresPRshoringPT, PPshored
- OBS To set on shore.
- VT (without up) To provide with support.
- If houses were present these could be used to conceal the mine opening. As the mine progressed the roof was shored with timbers.
- (usually with up) To reinforce (something at risk of failure).
- My family shored me up after I failed the GED.
- The workers were shoring up the dock after part of it fell into the water.
- simple past tense of shear.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- Even though it caused much controversy, Mayor Daley was eventually lauded as a hero for his decision to depave Lake Shore Drive.
- Open since 1972, the resort overlooks the northwestern shore of Lake Tahoe and has 89 mostly intermediate trails on its 2,904 acres, as well as a 420-foot superpipe and eight terrain parks.
- They hastened outside between storms to shore up the damaged fence.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- The wave traveled from the center of the lake before breaking on the shore.
- The storehouses at Talcahuano had been burst open, and great bags of cotton, yerba, and other valuable merchandise were scattered on the shore.
- A strong undertow may sweep a returning swimmer off their feet but it does not carry them far from the shore.
Meaning of shore for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "shore" 는 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 동사 형태
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en shores
- en shoreline
- en shored
- en shorer
- en shorers