soft EN[sɔft] US
- 명사 (Noun)PLsofts
- A soft or foolish person; an idiot.
- 형용사 (Adjective)COMsofterCOMmore softSUPsoftestSUPmost soft
- Easily giving way under pressure.
- My head sank easily into the soft pillow.
- (of cloth or similar material) Smooth and flexible; not rough, rugged, or harsh.
- Polish the silver with a soft cloth to avoid scratching.
- soft silk; a soft skin
- There was a soft breeze blowing.
- Expressing gentleness or tenderness; mild; conciliatory; courteous; kind.
- soft eyes
- Gentle in action or motion; easy.
- Weak in character; impressible.
- Requiring little or no effort; easy.
- a soft job
- Not bright or intense.
- soft lighting
- (of a road intersection) Having an acute angle.
- At the intersection, there are two roads going to the left. Take the soft left.
- (of a sound) Quiet.
- I could hear the soft rustle of the leaves in the trees.
- (linguistics) voiced, sonant.
- DH represents the voiced (soft) th of English these clothes. — The Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien
- (linguistics, rare) voiceless.
- (linguistics, Slavic languages) palatalized.
- SLA Lacking strength or resolve, wimpy.
- When it comes to drinking, he is as soft as they come.
- (of water) Low in dissolved calcium compounds.
- You won't need as much soap, as the water here is very soft.
- (Britain) COL Foolish.
- (physics) Of a ferromagnetic material; a material that becomes essentially non magnetic when an external magnetic field is removed, a material with a low magnetic coercivity. (compare hard).
- (of a person) Physically or emotionally weak.
- Incomplete, or temporary; not a full action.
- The admin imposed a soft block/ban on the user or a soft lock on the article.
- (Britain, of a man) Effeminate.
- Agreeable to the senses.
- a soft liniment
- soft wines
- Not harsh or offensive to the sight; not glaring or jagged; pleasing to the eye.
- soft colours
- the soft outline of the snow-covered hill
- 부사 (Adverb)COMsofterCOMmore softSUPsoftestSUPmost soft
- OBS Softly; without roughness or harshness; gently; quietly.
- 감탄사 (Interjection)
- (archaic) Be quiet; hold; stop; not so fast.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- It had a slight rasp, soft subtones in the low notes and even control through the registers; he scattered stylized shakes of vibrato all through his playing.
- However, a novel form of cutaneous anthrax, termed injectional anthrax, that is characterized by severe soft tissue infection has been recently described in heroin users.
- A beech wood with silver firs in it rolled down the face of the hill, and the maze of leafless twigs and dusky spires cut sharp against the soft blueness of the evening sky.
Meaning of soft for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "soft" 는 형용사
. 그것은 또한 부사
. 그것은 또한 감탄사
. 그것은 또한 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- fr soft
- en softly
- en software
- en softened
- en softness