stiff 뜻 EN[stɪf] US
딱딱한, 뻣 뻣 한
- 명사 (Noun)PLstiffs
- An average person, usually male, of no particular distinction, skill, or education, often a working stiff or lucky stiff.
- A Working Stiff's Manifesto: A Memoir of Thirty Jobs I Quit, Nine That Fired Me, and Three I Can't Remember was published in 2003.
- A person who is deceived, as a mark or pigeon in a swindle.
- She convinced the stiff to go to her hotel room, where her henchman was waiting to rob him.
- SLA A cadaver, a dead person.
- (US) A person who leaves (especially a restaurant) without paying the bill.
- (blackjack) Any hard hand where it is possible to exceed 21 by drawing an additional card.
- 동사 (Verb)SGstiffsPRstiffingPT, PPstiffed
- To fail to pay that which one owes (implicitly or explicitly) to another, especially by departing hastily.
- Realizing he had forgotten his wallet, he stiffed the taxi driver when the cab stopped for a red light.
- to cheat someone.
- to tip ungenerously.
- 형용사 (Adjective)COMstifferSUPstiffest
- (of an object) Rigid, hard to bend, inflexible.
- (figuratively, of policies and rules and their application and enforcement) Inflexible; rigid.
- (of a person) Formal in behavior; unrelaxed.
- COL Harsh, severe.
- He was eventually caught, and given a stiff fine.
- (of muscles or parts of the body) Painful as a result of excessive or unaccustomed exercise.
- My legs are stiff after climbing that hill yesterday.
- a stiff drink; a stiff dose; a stiff breeze.
- Dead, deceased.
- (of a penis) Erect.
- (cooking, of whipping cream or egg whites) Beaten until so aerated that they stand up straight on their own.
- beat the egg whites until they are stiff
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- Revivalists often regard classic soul as a museum piece, stiff and untweakable.
- Whisk your egg whites until you have stiff peaks and then the bowl can be held upside down over your head and the egg whites stay put.
- ( ergative ) The proposal met with stiff opposition.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- This is the west-coast take on structured freedom, and it's a wonderfully far cry from the film soundstages where too many LA jazzmen grow rich and stiff.
Meaning of stiff for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "stiff" 는 형용사
. 그것은 또한 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en stiffen
- en stiffy
- en stiffs
- en stiffie
- en stiffed