stock EN[stɒk] US
- 명사 (Noun)PLstocksSUF-ock
- A store or supply.
- We have a stock of televisions on hand.
- Lay in a stock of wood for the winter season.
- (finance) The capital raised by a company through the issue of shares. The total of shares held by an individual shareholder.
- When the bad news came out, the company's stock dropped precipitously.
- After that last screw-up of mine, my stock is pretty low around here.
- The raw material from which things are made; feedstock.
- The books were printed on a heavier stock this year.
- Stock theater, summer stock theater.
- The trunk and woody main stems of a tree. The base from which something grows or branches.
- The scion overruleth the stock quite.
- Any of the several species of cruciferous flowers in the genus Matthiola.
- A handle or stem to which the working part of an implement or weapon is attached.
- The most underrated component in building a custom gun is the metalsmithing. Stock work immediately attracts attention. Fancy checkering patterns, meticulously executed, are sure to elicit oohs and ahhs.
- Part of a machine that supports items or holds them in place.
- A bar, stick or rod.
- A bed for infants; a crib, cot, or cradle.
- (folklore) A piece of wood magically made to be just like a real baby and substituted for it by magical beings.
- NU NC Broth made from meat (originally bones) or vegetables, used as a basis for stew or soup.
- A necktie or cravat, particularly a wide necktie popular in the eighteenth century, often seen today as a part of formal wear for horse riding competitions.
- A piece of black cloth worn under a clerical collar.
- OBS A cover for the legs; a stocking.
- A block of wood; something fixed and solid; a pillar; a firm support; a post.
- (by extension) OBS A person who is as dull and lifeless as a stock or post; one who has little sense.
- (Britain, historical) The part of a tally formerly struck in the exchequer, which was delivered to the person who had lent the king money on account, as the evidence of indebtedness.
- (shipbuilding, in the plural) The frame or timbers on which a ship rests during construction.
- (Britain, in the plural) Red and grey bricks, used for the exterior of walls and the front of buildings.
- (biology) In tectology, an aggregate or colony of individuals, such as as trees, chains of salpae, etc.
- The beater of a fulling mill.
- A thrust with a rapier; a stoccado.
- 동사 (Verb)SGstocksPRstockingPT, PPstocked
- To have on hand for sale.
- The store stocks all kinds of dried vegetables.
- To provide with material requisites; to store; to fill; to supply.
- to stock a warehouse with goods
- to stock a farm, i.e. to supply it with cattle and tools
- to stock land, i.e. to occupy it with a permanent growth, especially of grass
- To allow (cows) to retain milk for twenty-four hours or more prior to sale.
- To put in the stocks as punishment.
- (nautical) To fit (an anchor) with a stock, or to fasten the stock firmly in place.
- (card games, dated) To arrange cards in a certain manner for cheating purposes; to stack the deck.
- 형용사 (Adjective)
- Of a type normally available for purchase/in stock.
- stock items
- stock sizes
- (racing, of a race car) Having the same configuration as cars sold to the non-racing public, or having been modified from such a car.
- Straightforward, ordinary, very basic.
- That band is quite stock
- He gave me a stock answer
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- Keep checking your home and farm security – thieves never sleep and rustling small mobs of stock on lifestyle blocks is on the rise.
- Man, he sure cleaned up last night at the blackjack table.   The investors cleaned up when the stock hit the roof last year.
- While this stock has been trading at a low P/E multiple lately, I think its fundamentals are sound, and consider it a good buy for long-term investors.
- 문장의 시작에 사용됨
- Stock cars can't have all the modifications of other racing cars.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- By going against the grain and going to work nude, you've made yourself a laughing stock.
Meaning of stock for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "stock" 는 형용사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 서로 비교할 수가 없 형용사
. 그것은 또한 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
및 단수로만 사용하는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- fr stock
- en stocks
- fr stocks
- en stocking
- en stockade