top 뜻 EN[tɒp] US
상단, 맨 위로 팽이
- 팽이는 어린이를 위한 장난감 중 하나로서, 하나의 고정된 축으로 균형을 잡고 회전한다.
팽이는 매우 오래 된 장난감으로, 여러 고대 유적지에서 발견되곤 한다.
현재의 팽이는 자이로스코프와 베어링을 이용하여 회전시간이 극대화되도록 개량되었다.
- 명사 (Noun)PLtopsPREtop-
- (Can we clean up(+) this sense?)The highest part or component of an object.
- His kite got caught at the top of the tree.
- Further weather information can be found at the top of your television screen. Headings appear at the tops of pages.
- Put a top on the toothpaste tube or it will go bad.
- I bought this top as it matches my jeans.
- from top to toe
- A child’s spinning toy; a spinning top.
- The boy was amazed at how long the top would spin.
- (heading) Someone who is eminent.
- to be the top of zealots
- to be at the top of one's class, or at the top of the school
- (BDSM) A dominant partner in a BDSM relationship or roleplay.
- (LGBT) SLA A man penetrating or with a preference for penetrating during homosexual intercourse.
- I prefer being a top, and my boyfriend prefers being a bottom.
- (physics) A top quark.
- The utmost degree; the acme; the summit.
- (ropemaking) A plug, or conical block of wood, with longitudinal grooves on its surface, in which the strands of the rope slide in the process of twisting.
- (sound) Highest pitch or loudest.
- She sang at the top of her voice.
- (wool manufacture) A bundle or ball of slivers of combed wool, from which the noils, or dust, have been taken out.
- OBS (except in one sense of phrase on top of) Eve; verge; point.
- The part of a cut gem between the girdle, or circumference, and the table, or flat upper surface.
- (in the plural, slang, dated) Topboots.
- (golf) A stroke on the top of the ball.
- (golf) A forward spin given to the ball by hitting it on or near the top.
- (in restaurants, preceded by a number) (A table at which there is, or which has enough seats for) a group of a specified number of people eating at a restaurant.
- 동사 (Verb)SGtopsPRtoppingPT, PPtopped
- To cover on the top or with a top.
- I like my ice cream topped with chocolate sauce.
- To cut or remove the top (as of a tree).
- I don't want to be bald, so just top my hair.
- Top and tail the carrots.
- To excel, to surpass, to beat.
- Titanic was the most successful film ever until it was topped by another Cameron film, Avatar.
- To be in the lead, to be at number one position (of).
- Celine Dion topped the UK music charts twice in the 1990s.
- (Britain) SLA To commit suicide, (rare) to murder.
- Depression causes many people to top themselves.
- (BDSM) To be the dominant partner in a BDSM relationship or roleplay.
- I used to be a slave, but I ended up topping.
- Giving advice to the dominant partner on how to run the BDSM session is called "topping from the bottom".
- SLA (gay sexuality) To be the partner who penetrates in anal sex.
- (archaic) To rise aloft; to be eminent; to tower.
- lofty ridges and topping mountains
- (archaic) To predominate.
- topping passions
- (archaic) To excel; to rise above others.
- (nautical) To raise one end of (a yard, etc.), making it higher than the other.
- (dyeing) To cover with another dye.
- to top aniline black with methyl violet to prevent greening
- To put a stiffening piece or back on (a saw blade).
- SLA (dated) To arrange (fruit, etc.) with the best on top.
- (of a horse) To strike the top of (an obstacle) with the hind feet while jumping, so as to gain new impetus.
- To improve (domestic animals, especially sheep) by crossing certain individuals or breeds with other superior breeds.
- To cut, break, or otherwise take off the top of (a steel ingot) to remove unsound metal.
- (golf) To strike (the ball) above the centre; also, to make (a stroke, etc.) by hitting the ball in this way.
- 형용사 (Adjective)
- Situated on the top of something.
- INF Best; of the highest quality or rank.
- She's in the top dance school.
- INF Very good, of high quality.
- He's a top lawyer.
- That is a top car.
- 부사 (Adverb)
- Rated first.
- She came top in her French exam.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- Some colleges have cutoffs: George Mason University, for example, requires that a nonsubmitter have a 3.5 grade-point average and class rank in the top 20 percent.
- ...put three pieces of pimola on top and a row of chopped olives around outside.
- He started screaming at the top of his lungs after his team scored.
- 문장의 시작에 사용됨
- Top with cheese and toast under the grill for a few minutes.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- When my dad found out I had failed the exams, he just blew his top.
- The dress code at our college specifically bans strappy tops.
- Leatherwood Antiques will show Vienna bronzes, sailors’ woolwork pictures and a large cane stand from Switzerland with a carved wooden eagle on top.
Meaning of top for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "top" 는 형용사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 서로 비교할 수가 없 형용사
. 그것은 또한 부사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 서로 비교할 수가 없 부사
. 그것은 또한 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en tops
- en topic
- en topics
- en topmost
- en topped