toward EN[təˈwɔːd] US
- 형용사 (Adjective)SUF-ward
- OBS Future; to come.
- (dated) Approaching, coming near; impending; present, at hand.
- Yielding, pliant; docile; ready or apt to learn; not froward.
- (obsolete or archaic) Promising, likely; froward.
- Why, that is spoken like a toward prince. ― Shakespeare.
- 전치사 (Preposition)
- In the direction of.
- She moved toward the door.
- In relation to (someone or something).
- What are your feelings toward him?
- For the purpose of attaining (an aim).
- I'm saving money toward retirement.
- Located close to; near (a time or place).
- Our place is over toward the station.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- I have (saith he) long been of that mind that N. E. is guilty of great unthankfulness for the Gospel, & strait-heartedness, & closehandedness toward the Ministers.
- The water deepens as you go toward the middle of the channel.
- Now (sayd the Lady) draweth toward night, And well I wote, that of your later fight Ye all forwearied be: for what so strong, 285 But wanting rest will also want of might?
Meaning of toward for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "toward" 는 형용사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 서로 비교할 수가 없 형용사
. 그것은 또한 형태소
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 접미사
. 그것은 또한 전치사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
- 접미사로 단어
- Words suffixed with -ward
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en towards
- en towardly
- en towardness
- en towardliest
- en towardnesses