도시, 마 마을
- 마을은 사람들이 모여사는 곳으로, 말 또는 마실 그리고 타운(Town)이라고도 한다.
- 명사 (Noun)PLtownsSUF-town
- A settlement; an area with residential districts, shops and amenities, and its own local government; especially one larger than a village and smaller than a city.
- This town is really dangerous because these youngsters have Beretta handguns.
- Any more urbanized center than the place of reference.
- I'll be in Yonkers, then I'm driving into town to see the Knicks at the Garden tonight.
- (Britain, historical) A rural settlement in which a market was held at least once a week.
- The residents (as opposed to gown: the students, faculty, etc.) of a community which is the site of a university.
- COL Used to refer to a town or similar entity under discussion.
- Call me when you get to town.
- (law) A municipal organization, such as a corporation, defined by the laws of the entity of which it is a part.
- OBS An enclosure which surrounded the mere homestead or dwelling of the lord of the manor.
- OBS The whole of the land which constituted the domain.
- OBS A collection of houses enclosed by fences or walls.
- (Britain, Scotland, dialect) OBS A farm or farmstead; also, a court or farmyard.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- It was the end of term and students decided to celebrate by painting the town red.
- Why, lookee, I asked Doctor Hedstone yesterday if I was like to take a fit any time, and he laughed, and swore I was the last man in town to go off that way."
- We asked a subset of the population of the town for their opinion.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- He often took to the hills when his mother-in-law was in town.
- He enquired about the availability of rental bicycles in the town.
- It's the kind of Manhattan place you take your relatives when they come from out of town.
Meaning of town for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "town" 는 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en towns
- en township
- fr township
- en townspeople
- en townships