treat EN[tɹit] US
- 명사 (Noun)PLtreats
- An entertainment, outing, or other indulgence provided by someone for the enjoyment of others.
- I took the kids to the zoo for a treat.
- An unexpected gift, event etc., which provides great pleasure.
- It was such a treat to see her back in action on the London stage.
- OBS A parley or discussion of terms; a negotiation.
- OBS An entreaty.
- 동사 (Verb)SGtreatsPRtreatingPT, PPtreated
- VI To negotiate, discuss terms, bargain (for or with).
- VI To discourse; to handle a subject in writing or speaking; to conduct a discussion.
- Cicero's writing treats mainly of old age and personal duty.
- VT To discourse on; to represent or deal with in a particular way, in writing or speaking.
- The article treated feminism as a quintessentially modern movement.
- VT VI (obsolete) To entreat or beseech (someone).
- Only let my family live, I treat thee.
- VT To handle, deal with or behave towards in a specific way.
- You treated me like a fool.
- She was tempted to treat the whole affair as a joke.
- VT To entertain with food or drink, especially at one's own expense; to show hospitality to; to pay for as celebration or reward.
- I treated my son to some popcorn in the interval.
- I've done so well this month, I'll treat you all to dinner (or 'Dinner is my treat.)
- My husband treated me to a Paris holiday for our anniversary.
- VT To care for medicinally or surgically; to apply medical care to.
- They treated me for malaria.
- VT To subject to a chemical or other action; to act upon with a specific scientific result in mind.
- He treated the substance with sulphuric acid.
- I treated the photo somewhat to make the colours more pronounced.
- To provide something special and pleasant.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- To investigate the mechanism why cholestasis may affect HSC activation, we treated primary HSCs with one of the hydrophobic bile acids, taurolithocholic acid (TLCA) (Sigma) for 24 hours.
- 'I treat patients who are living at Her Majesty's pleasure. They come to the hospital from Full Sutton prison and they are treated in the same way as anyone else.'
- Plants that were treated with P450 inhibitors or cloquintocet, but not topramezone were analyzed separately and compared to the non-treated control.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- Clearly the consequences of diagnostic overshadowing could be potentially fatal for some people with learning disabilities as their true unerlying health need will not be identified and treated.
Meaning of treat for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "treat" 는 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 자동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en treated
- en treatment
- en treaty
- en treating
- en treatise