- 명사 (Noun)PLwars
- NU Organized, large-scale, armed conflict between countries or between national, ethnic, or other sizeable groups, usually involving the engagement of military forces.
- NC A particular conflict of this kind.
- NC By extension, any conflict, or anything resembling a conflict.
- You look like you've been through the wars.
- The "war on drugs" is a campaign against the use of narcotic drugs.
- The "war on terror" is a campaign against terrorist crime.
- In the US, conservatives rail against the "war on Christmas".
- I reaped the benefit of the car dealerships' price war, getting my car for far less than it's worth.
- The cellular phone companies were engaged in a freebie war, each offering various services thrown in when one purchased a plan.
- OBS NU Instruments of war.
- OBS Armed forces.
- NU A particular card game for two players, notable for having its outcome predetermined by how the cards are dealt.
- 동사 (Verb)SGwarsPRwarringPT, PPwarred
- VI To engage in conflict (may be followed by "with" to specify the foe).
- To carry on, as a contest; to wage.
- That thou [ …] mightest war a good warfare. — Tim. i. 18.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- Such was the pace with which I, and many like me, the so called ‘weekend warriors’ or Territorial Army, were hoisted aboard the Gulf War battle wagon.
- His doctoral dissertation on the Cold War presents a controversial sociohistory of 1950s America.
- We became friends in the war and remain friends to this day.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- Scores of foreign journalists have been dispatched to Seoul to report on the growing tensions between the two Koreas and the possibility of war.
- His grandfather was in the Pacific theater during the war.
- You're just as dead if you buy the farm in an "incident" as if you buy it in a declared war.
Meaning of war for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "war" 는 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
및 단수로만 사용하는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 자동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- en warm
- en warning
- en wars
- en warriors
- en warmth