water 뜻 EN[ˈwɔːtə(ɹ)] UK US
- 물은 산소와 수소가 결합된 것으로, 생명을 유지하는 데에 없어서는 안 되는 화학 물질이다.
- 명사 (Noun)PLwatersSUF-ter
- NU A substance (of molecular formula H₂O) found at room temperature and pressure as a clear liquid; it is present naturally as rain, and found in rivers, lakes and seas; its solid form is ice and its gaseous form is steam.
- By the action of electricity, the water was resolved into its two parts, oxygen and hydrogen.
- May I have a glass of water?
- Your plants need more water.
- Joe bustled back and offered her a glass of wine but she shook her head. “Just a water, please.”
- (alchemy, philosophy) The aforementioned liquid, considered one of the Classical elements or basic elements of alchemy.
- He showed me the river of living water, sparkling like crystal, flowing from the throne of God.
- (often in the plural) Any body of water, or a specific part of it.
- The boat was found in within the territorial waters.
- These seals are a common sight on the coastal waters of Chile.
- We had a great view of the waters of this place.
- A combination of water and other substance(s).
- Perrier is the most popular water in this restaurant.
- Many people visit Bath to take the waters.
- ammonia water
- Ser Dunaver's squire Jodge could not hold his water when he slept.
- Before the child is born, the pregnant woman’s waters break. ( UK )
- Before the child is born, the pregnant woman’s water breaks. ( North America )
- He suffers from water on the knee.
- (figuratively, in the plural or in the singular) A state of affairs; conditions; usually with an adjective indicating an adverse condition.
- The rough waters of change will bring about the calm after the storm.
- COL (figuratively) A person's intuition.
- I know he'll succeed. I feel it in my waters.
- NU (dated, finance) Excess valuation of securities.
- Iowa Governor Will Fight Rock Island Reorganization. He Says That Under the New Plan Too Much Water Is Put Into the Stock—Believes Plan Is Out of Harmony with Iowa Laws.
- The limpidity and lustre of a precious stone, especially a diamond.
- a diamond of the first water, i.e. one that is perfectly pure and transparent
- A wavy, lustrous pattern or decoration such as is imparted to linen, silk, metals, etc.
- 동사 (Verb)SGwatersPRwateringPT, PPwatered
- VT To pour water into the soil surrounding (plants).
- Aunt Em had just come out of the house to water the cabbages when she looked up and saw Dorothy running toward her.
- VT To wet or supply with water; to moisten; to overflow with water; to irrigate.
- VT To provide (animals) with water for drinking.
- I need to go water the cattle.
- VI To get or take in water.
- The ship put into port to water.
- VT COL To urinate onto.
- Nature called, so I stepped into the woods and watered a tree.
- VT To dilute.
- Can you water the whisky, please?
- VT (dated, finance) To overvalue (securities), especially through deceptive accounting.
- such agencies would make it possible for the railroads to water stock and evade the law subjecting security issues to public regulation
- VI To fill with or secrete water.
- Chopping onions makes my eyes water.
- The smell of fried onions makes my mouth water.
- VT To wet and calender, as cloth, so as to impart to it a lustrous appearance in wavy lines; to diversify with wavelike lines.
- to water silk
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- If you plan to teach this material to children, you may need to water it down.
- Janice pulled the bluegill out of the water and added it to her stringer.
- Would you like a little water, Sue? SUE. Well, perhaps a sippy. (SUE squirts some water into a paper cup.)
- 문장의 시작에 사용됨
- Water damage caused the plywood of the floor to delaminate. The layers came apart and the whole piece had to be replaced.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- "I hear things are good." / Moran shrugged. "Depends on who you're talking to. Who would you be talking to, Squire?" / "Frank" / "I thought that might be it. You still carrying his water?
- Meanwhile, rinse the freekeh very well under cold water, tip it into a pan and cover with lots of salted water.
- The river bank had been eaten away over the years by the flood water.
Meaning of water for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "water" 는 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
및 단수로만 사용하는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 자동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- fr water
- en waters
- en watery
- en waterfall
- en waterproof