water EN[ˈwɔːtə(ɹ)] UK US
- 물은 산소와 수소가 결합된 것으로, 생명을 유지하는 데에 없어서는 안 되는 화학 물질이다.
- 명사 (Noun)PLwatersSUF-ter
- NU A substance (of molecular formula H₂O) found at room temperature and pressure as a clear liquid; it is present naturally as rain, and found in rivers, lakes and seas; its solid form is ice and its gaseous form is steam.
- By the action of electricity, the water was resolved into its two parts, oxygen and hydrogen.
- May I have a glass of water?
- Your plants need more water.
- Joe bustled back and offered her a glass of wine but she shook her head. “Just a water, please.”
- (alchemy, philosophy) The aforementioned liquid, considered one of the Classical elements or basic elements of alchemy.
- He showed me the river of living water, sparkling like crystal, flowing from the throne of God.
- (often in the plural) Any body of water, or a specific part of it.
- The boat was found in within the territorial waters.
- These seals are a common sight on the coastal waters of Chile.
- We had a great view of the waters of this place.
- A combination of water and other substance(s).
- Perrier is the most popular water in this restaurant.
- Many people visit Bath to take the waters.
- ammonia water
- Ser Dunaver's squire Jodge could not hold his water when he slept.
- Before the child is born, the pregnant woman’s waters break. ( UK )
- Before the child is born, the pregnant woman’s water breaks. ( North America )
- He suffers from water on the knee.
- (figuratively, in the plural or in the singular) A state of affairs; conditions; usually with an adjective indicating an adverse condition.
- The rough waters of change will bring about the calm after the storm.
- COL (figuratively) A person's intuition.
- I know he'll succeed. I feel it in my waters.
- NU (dated, finance) Excess valuation of securities.
- Iowa Governor Will Fight Rock Island Reorganization. He Says That Under the New Plan Too Much Water Is Put Into the Stock—Believes Plan Is Out of Harmony with Iowa Laws.
- The limpidity and lustre of a precious stone, especially a diamond.
- a diamond of the first water, i.e. one that is perfectly pure and transparent
- A wavy, lustrous pattern or decoration such as is imparted to linen, silk, metals, etc.
- 동사 (Verb)SGwatersPRwateringPT, PPwatered
- VT To pour water into the soil surrounding (plants).
- Aunt Em had just come out of the house to water the cabbages when she looked up and saw Dorothy running toward her.
- VT To wet or supply with water; to moisten; to overflow with water; to irrigate.
- VT To provide (animals) with water for drinking.
- I need to go water the cattle.
- VI To get or take in water.
- The ship put into port to water.
- VT COL To urinate onto.
- Nature called, so I stepped into the woods and watered a tree.
- VT To dilute.
- Can you water the whisky, please?
- VT (dated, finance) To overvalue (securities), especially through deceptive accounting.
- such agencies would make it possible for the railroads to water stock and evade the law subjecting security issues to public regulation
- VI To fill with or secrete water.
- Chopping onions makes my eyes water.
- The smell of fried onions makes my mouth water.
- VT To wet and calender, as cloth, so as to impart to it a lustrous appearance in wavy lines; to diversify with wavelike lines.
- to water silk
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- They agreed that their old disputes were water under the bridge and decided to make a fresh start.
- These two species are ectohydric and take up N with water from precipitation [34 ].
- Then the dirty-handed society went off the wash, followed by the Professor, trying to calm the anxiety of Rob, who had been told by Tommy that all water was full of invisible pollywogs.
- 문장의 시작에 사용됨
- Water damage caused the plywood of the floor to delaminate. The layers came apart and the whole piece had to be replaced.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- Visiting Africa opened my eyes to what it is like living without clean water.
- Scotch and soda is a mixture of Scotch whisky and soda water.
- Equal concentration (25 mM) growth solution was prepared by mixing both zinc nitrate hexahydrate and hexamethyltetramine in deionized water.
Meaning of water for the defined word.
문법적으로, 이 워드 "water" 는 명사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 셀 수 있는 명사
및 단수로만 사용하는 명사
. 그것은 또한 동사
, 좀 더 구체적으로, 자동사
- 품사 계층 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
어려움: 수평 1
쉽게 ➨ 어려운
확실 함: 수평 9
확실 ➨ 다목적
- fr water
- en waters
- en watery
- en waterfall
- en waterproof