woodland EN[ˈwʊd.lənd] US
삼림 지대, 우드 랜드
- 명사 (Noun)PLwoodlandsSUF-land
- Land covered with woody vegetation.
- 형용사 (Adjective)COMmore woodlandSUPmost woodland
- Of or pertaining to a creature or object growing, living, or existing in a woodland.
- The woodland creatures ran from the fire.
- OBS Having the character of a woodland.
- It is a very woodland country, with plenty of grass, but it is too large for four days a-week, and the sport is generally rather indifferent.
- 더 많은 예제
- 문장 중간에 사용됨
- The “vertical kampong” that is being planned in Woodlands will bring together homes, shops, clinics, childcare and eldercare services, a hawker centre, gardens and public spaces under one roof.
- Action groups are crying out against plans to build on the woodland area.
- 문장의 끝에서 사용
- The villagers fought tooth and nail to prevent the motorway being built through the local woodlands.